Boatright | The Boneyard

Boatright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Welp, Ryan took a DNP yesterday vs. the 76ers. The Nets play the C's tonight and I'll be watching but it looks like the writing is on the wall. I can't believe the Nets will go with Jack and Larkin...both looked bad yesterday. Jack makes an entry pass and then his job is done, backs off...and plays no defense. Larkin with bad passes, steals off his dribble, just not good. And he's 5'-11".

This after Ryan was the best Nets player on their summer league team. Had 6 assists in 12 minutes last week. I don't get it.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He'll get his chance eventually. If he spends time in the D League it'll be fine.

Worst case scenario he goes overseas where he'll probably dominate and make millions.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He'll go to the dleague and once he destroys that he'll get another chance in the nba. Or he'll go overseas and be one of the best players regardless of where he goes. Not a horrible situation for him...

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He's looking good tonight. In under 10 minutes he's put up 7 points along with 2 rebounds, 1 steal, and 1 assist. He'd have had 9 points, but a post-steal layup danced around the rim and ultimately didn't fall.

Reaction Score
Jack is a 10 year vet with a pretty solid track record. They arent going to go with an undrafted FA over him. Larkin I havent seen enough of to have an opinion of Boat being left off in favor of him. The coaches have their reasoning. I hope Boat gets the last spot but if not he will continue to push the envelope and get a chance at some point in his career.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Boat finishes with 10 points, 5 assists, 4 rebounds, and 1 steal. He made a lot of good plays out there and the 5 assists stat belies the efficiency with which he was passing the ball. Guys were just missing lots of good open looks. This was the first time I've ever really seen Boatright and Sloan both play so far this preseason and Boatright looked to be the better of the two - and it's not Husky Blue glasses making me say that.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
As a Nets fan who watched a good number of their games last year, Jack is absolutely an NBA PG who deserves a spot on the roster last year. Without his play, the team wouldn't have been able to make the playoffs. That said, he is a backup PG who is being pressed into starting this year, which I'm predicting will be a recipe for complete disaster. Sloan is one of those journeyman/D-Leaguer types who Boat should beat out. Conversely, I think people are biased against Larkin simply because Boat would be competing against him for minutes - I'm rooting as hard for RB as anyone else but let's see how he does outside of summer league and preseason before knighting him as a #2 PG in the NBA right off the bat. I think the summer league got our hopes way up with some deceptive numbers; he was going against UDFAs/D-League guys every night.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
As a Nets fan who watched a good number of their games last year, Jack is absolutely an NBA PG who deserves a spot on the roster last year. Without his play, the team wouldn't have been able to make the playoffs. That said, he is a backup PG who is being pressed into starting this year, which I'm predicting will be a recipe for complete disaster. Sloan is one of those journeyman/D-Leaguer types who Boat should beat out. Conversely, I think people are biased against Larkin simply because Boat would be competing against him for minutes - I'm rooting as hard for RB as anyone else but let's see how he does outside of summer league and preseason before knighting him as a #2 PG in the NBA right off the bat. I think the summer league got our hopes way up with some deceptive numbers; he was going against UDFAs/D-League guys every night.

The main problem I've been seeing with him is that things go wrong when he tries to do too much. When he's played within himself he's looked really good so far. Understandably, trying to make the roster is going to force him to try to go that extra mile.

Reaction Score
Welp, Ryan took a DNP yesterday vs. the 76ers. The Nets play the C's tonight and I'll be watching but it looks like the writing is on the wall. I can't believe the Nets will go with Jack and Larkin...both looked bad yesterday. Jack makes an entry pass and then his job is done, backs off...and plays no defense. Larkin with bad passes, steals off his dribble, just not good. And he's 5'-11".

This after Ryan was the best Nets player on their summer league team. Had 6 assists in 12 minutes last week. I don't get it.
You can't seriously think Boat is a better option as an NBA PG than Jarret Jack. Jack definitely isn't a starter, but he's still a much better option than Boat. I can't really comment on Larkin because I haven't seen enough of him in the league(he was injured most of his 1st year and buried on a decent Mavs team, I wasn't going to go out of my way to watch last year's Knicks), but at this point in Boat's career we should be hoping he can make a squad as a 3rd PG and move up from there. Jack and Larkin have guaranteed contracts anyway so Boat's main competition for a roster spot is Sloan.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Not a bad night for Boat. I'm not worried about him making a living in the least bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom