Boatright | The Boneyard

Boatright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Give this guy some serious props. He might just be a better NBA type prospect than Napier when all is said and done.

However he is hurting you could see it in the 2nd half. I think for the best interest of Boatright and the team--give the kid a night off against Central. It will give other guys much needed extensive playing time and keep Ryan off that foot for a week to heal for the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
I'll be rooting as hard for Boat to make it in the NBA as any player weve ever had. He leaves everything he's got on the court every single game. Kid is a warrior. You can tell he worked really hard on his game since he got to Storrs.

And he doesn't get enough credit for what a great teammate he's been. He took a backseat to Shabazz and basically never complained about it (no matter what some announcers would have you believe.). He played off the ball when he knew his best chance to make it in the league was as a point guard. Always plays his ass off on d and seems very coachable and willing to do what it takes to help the team even if it meant a lesser role than his talent could have dictated.

He really deserves a shot at the NBA. You can tell he would do anything for one. Hope he gets it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I can't believe how well he played in the NCAAs last year and I can't believe the job he is doing this year. He deserves all the props in the world. And he deserves a rest.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I hope but does great in the league but with how big and athletic the guards are there I can't see it. Shabazz will eventually see success because he is such a crafty PG and a pure PG who will help make his teammates better. Boatright is much more of a score 1st PG, which at his size, won't be too big in the NBA. He's been a great college player though.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I would love if some other guys could step it up and give Boat the rest he deserves. That being said I would hate to lose a game to CCSU. I say play Boat for the first 10 minutes and hopefully they can get a big enough lead that he can take it easy the rest of the game.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think we all knew Boat had a good chance to be this good, but we maybe weren't so sure if he could lead a team. That question has been answered; he's been a great leader.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of Kyle Lowry and Kyle Lowry has been in the league for close to 10 years. I think if Ryan is committed to lead his team, he's going to get a shot in the NBA.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Coming into this season, I thought we had enough talent coming in and that it would be up to Boat to get them involved and be a leader. Early on, with injuries, he's needed to put the team on his back and he has. He's played very disciplined.

Only gripe with him was making WVU into a street ball game when we needed his leadership

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He has the drive, the desire and the toughness to make it and deserves his chance. I don't think I've ever been more excited for watching the NBA draft telecast as I am for the 2015 one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom