Boatright | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
No idea, but I find it obnoxious when a guy is #27 or even worse #77 or something ridiculous like that. Just another one of my pet peeves. I can deal with 0-10 but to me 6-9 have no place after that. And, it should end with 55. Ok, rant off.

I have no idea why, but this has always bothered me as well, and you actually verbalized my annoyance perfectly. Thanks! Haha

Edit: I always wished they would allow 0-10 at all levels, I think singles like 6,7,9 are cool.

Reaction Score
Boat used to have really bad body language - drooped his shoulders and hung his head when something bad happened on the court. It really annoyed me and must have been bad for team morale. At some point I started to notice he wasn't doing that anymore.

Does anyone know when Boat turned the corner on that?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Boat used to have really bad body language - drooped his shoulders and hung his head when something bad happened on the court. It really annoyed me and must have been bad for team morale. At some point I started to notice he wasn't doing that anymore.

Does anyone know when Boat turned the corner on that?

I would love to know the inside scoop on this. The change happened this past winter. Not sure how much Bazz was responsible or Ollie or Ricky Moore. But I think there is a small Greek tragedy in the relationship between Bazz and Boat.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, Boat comes from a family where others have gone to college - so they do have some appreciate for the benefits of education. I don't want to overstate this - since after the season he returned from Chi-town ready to make the jump to the league according to my sources - but the background existed where that decision could be rolled back.
I know this is a little more complex than some posters here are able to process - but that's life.

Reaction Score
Boatright has the clutch gene in him. We just never noticed because he was playing side-by-side with the most clutch player in UConn's history. I can't wait to see what he is able to do now that he is running the team.

As evidence for his clutchness, here you go:

• [ ]6 baskets with less than 20 seconds remaining (albeit in 1st half) in games vs. Detroit, @ SMU, @ Memphis, vs. Houston, vs. Memphis in AAC Tourney, and vs. St. Joseph's.

[ ]At Cinci, he had the pull-up 3 pointer that pulled UConn within one point with about 20 seconds left in the game.

[ ]He had the buzzer-beater block against Boston College.

• [ ]Against Providence, he hit the and-1 in OT to go up by 3 with 20 seconds left.
    [ ]Against Syracuse, he hit a buzzer beater 3 at the end of the first half.
    [ ]He found Omar Calhoun for the tying three against Georgetown.
And how about his very first game in a UConn uniform? With ice in his veins, he knocks down 3 free throws against FSU to tie the game and send it in to OT.
I will never forget those 3 straight free throws he made in that game. I know of a Uconn fan in who saw that game who said he could feel the nail drop on the floor in each throw.

Reaction Score
The way Shabazz and Boat have improved only strengthens the value that KO and his staff have on a point guards performance. Every top rated high school pg with dreams of the NBA should be lining up to play here.

Reaction Score
A BarB-cue IQ is really important so you don't have your best player eating tainted wings from 7/11.
7/11 wings might be the worst decision Shabazz made all year.

Reaction Score
I would love to know the inside scoop on this. The change happened this past winter. Not sure how much Bazz was responsible or Ollie or Ricky Moore. But I think there is a small Greek tragedy in the relationship between Bazz and Boat.
No inside info. here, but I thought it looked like he finally got around to wanting to win no matter who was on the court with or against him. He finally seemed to embrace doing whatever his team needed to win, so I'd probably give the coaching staff the most credit, after the Boat himself of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom