Boatright | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boatright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I rewrote my post. In case you didn't see it: Part of the thing coaches do is examine tape of teams. At the end of the season teams make adjustments in how they play teams that were different than the way teams played earlier. Once a team figured out to play UConn, other teams were able to make the same adjustments.

It is just as easy to say UConn's weaknesses were finally exposed at the end of the season. There was no loss of focus or off the court issues.

I'm a fan of JC. But his communication skills are not as great as his coaching skills.

Focus on the NBA is just an excuse he and others make when they want to blame someone. Even if this assertion was true than who is responsible for it. The coach is responsible for all aspects of the team. So are you saying JC couldn't get his players to focus?

I just don't buy that. These kids play for the tournament and to win it all. During the long season the players might lose focus, but not during money ball. If the kids want to get in the NBA they aren't thinking about the $$ they will make the following season, but the game they are currently in to get great exposure so they can make the $$ next season.

Just for the record (as if anyone was actually keeping record), I totally agree with your post here. I think the "too much focus on the NBA" was an after the fact interpretation by JC that was likely a rationalization for the way the team struggled. I think that the 2006 team was not as good as people like to think and there was a serious lack of "go to" scorers and defenders. The lack of a second ballhandler was a deficit of that team, but they also lacked good lateral quickness to play really good defense (i.e. Denham, Rashad, and Rudy). Neither Hilton nor Josh were physical enough players to take charge when needed in a big game. Obviously, Emeka took charge against Duke and even Alex played big down the stretch last year (although certainly not in Emeka's league). When the going got tough that year, the pressure was absorbed by Marcus Williams and he did a really great job for the most part in trying to make it happen. The other players were good, but no one else was able to rise to the point of being the second star that was needed to get over the top in a tough game like the one against George Freakin' Mason that night.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just for the record (as if anyone was actually keeping record), I totally agree with your post here. I think the "too much focus on the NBA" was an after the fact interpretation by JC that was likely a rationalization for the way the team struggled. I think that the 2006 team was not as good as people like to think and there was a serious lack of "go to" scorers and defenders. The lack of a second ballhandler was a deficit of that team, but they also lacked good lateral quickness to play really good defense (i.e. Denham, Rashad, and Rudy). Neither Hilton nor Josh were physical enough players to take charge when needed in a big game. Obviously, Emeka took charge against Duke and even Alex played big down the stretch last year (although certainly not in Emeka's league). When the going got tough that year, the pressure was absorbed by Marcus Williams and he did a really great job for the most part in trying to make it happen. The other players were good, but no one else was able to rise to the point of being the second star that was needed to get over the top in a tough game like the one against George Freakin' Mason that night.
IIR, Hilton was injured during the tournament as well.

C

Chief00

Yeah, I was wondering how Chief came up with 3 to 8 games. But this is just rumors right?

Anyhow, I wonder who is allowed to play for transportation to and from AAU, Sneaker and other summer hoops events? There aren't that many folks including middle-classed families that can fly their kid all around the country to these events. I must admit, I'm completely ignorant as to who is allowed to fit the bill? Who pays for these kids when they attend Nike or Adidas summer events?

If this is the case, then IMO, the NCAA has to get their head out of their arses. This is truly a "Come on, Man!!!!" If a university or agent is not footing the bill, in other words messing with college choice influence or future pro representation, then who the h*ll cares. Maybe these kids should be prevented from playing in any sneaker sponsored event. Is that influencing these kids. Does that give the kids that are invited a benefit that others who aren't invited aren't getting? Where do you draw the line?

Can't we just go a week or two without some crap hitting the fan. Wooomfffffff! An other one just hit.
DM, I said previously think Ricky Moore and Kirk King because I knew it was plane tickets. My guess is that it is a 3-8 game slap - hopefully more like 3-5 will be the penalty. But, never underestimate the NCAA hate UC factor.....hence I said 3-8.
Just hope my buddy Clyde wasn't involved - since he was close to both Rose and Boatright's peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom