Boatright | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've noticed this about Boat for a while and started to watch him more closely -- very seldom or almost never have i seen him go off one foot when going for a layup. He always collects himself off of two feet and imo that really slows him down and allows a defender to catch him or block more easily. Similarly, on his jump shots he hangs in the air longer and I think that also allows defenders to get to the ball easier. If he were ever to develop a runner or a quick release he would be incredibly difficult to defend I think.

Reaction Score
I am happily surprised how well this kid is maturing. His game and his attitude. I think he has the potential to really lead this team next year. Maybe not in a Shabazz type way but who can. Proud of this young man. Well done Boat, keep it up.

Reaction Score
Just think how the game would have gone for us if he was on Memphis and hitting those three's, getting those steals, managing the ball and going almost perfect from the line.

Reaction Score
He's either going to dunk or get fouled 9 times out of ten. The other guy made a terrific play.

On the other hand, if he went for the layup instead of slowing down to coil up for a dunk, he makes the layup or gets fouled 99 times out of 100. It was a terrific play by Dixon, but one he never should have been allowed to make.

Boat was tremendous at many other points in the game, including his enormous 3 in overtime, but this particular play allowed Memphis to get right back into the game and we nearly lost it in regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom