Boatright Undrafted -- Possible Landing Spot? | The Boneyard

Boatright Undrafted -- Possible Landing Spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Where do you guys think he might end up for summer league? I'm hoping he goes back home to Chicago, I think he could land a spot on the roster behind DRose.

Reaction Score
He'll probably wind up in Europe, but you never know. The summer league will be crucial, that's for sure.

Reaction Score
I agree with Europe or a foreign league, his skillset will shine over there. I don't see a successful NBA career.

Reaction Score
I feel that he has a legit shot to make it in the NBA. Do people forget about Nate Robinson? Guy has been a solid backup PG in the NBA with 3 less inches than Boat and has similar characteristics...heart of a lion, improved jump shot, swarming D(which Robinson doesn't have). I know I'm being optimistic here, but many people who go overseas do so because they are limited in their range of talents. They are usually one or two dimensional players who can't hack it with these players that can do it all. Boat can do it all, he just needs to gain a little weight and work on his jumper. I BELIEVE.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I think he has a shot to be a spark plug backup PG on an NBA team. I think he'd be a good fit in LAC behind CP3.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm not going to say he's bolting for Europe just yet. I don't like the Nate comparison because they're built completely differently, but I say if Earl Boykins can do it, Ryan can. He just needs to play out of his mind and smart. He is not "the guy" for sure, and that's what he was asked to be this past year. Last year was him showcasing who he is and should be, the sidekick or backup PG. His decision making, his shot selection during that tourney run was something to marvel at.

I think one of the most memorable moments of the year was him drilling, straight up drilling a jumper in Randle's face. Randle played amazing D to stay with the little man, and I thought for sure had the shot blocked, but Ryan was just a little too sharp for that.

I think he will definitely fight his ace off this summer and play next season as somebody's backup backup in case of injury to their starting PG, or he will put it all on the floor for an NBDL team and maybe get called up, like an AJ Price trajectory. I think his future is overseas, but I want and hope he works hard and gets some minutes, the kid is a lion-hearted beast

Reaction Score
I feel that he has a legit shot to make it in the NBA. Do people forget about Nate Robinson? Guy has been a solid backup PG in the NBA with 3 less inches than Boat and has similar characteristics...heart of a lion, improved jump shot, swarming D(which Robinson doesn't have). I know I'm being optimistic here, but many people who go overseas do so because they are limited in their range of talents. They are usually one or two dimensional players who can't hack it with these players that can do it all. Boat can do it all, he just needs to gain a little weight and work on his jumper. I BELIEVE.

Nate was much stronger, more than just Boat bulking up a bit, Nate was a freak. Also Nate did have swarming D coming out of college but the NBA is a different animal.

I think overseas is the smart play for him.

Reaction Score
Oh ESPN.....

Draft held heartbreak for some
17m

Cliff Alexander, Brandon Ashley, Michael Frazier III, Aaron Harrison and Ryan Boatwright. Those are some of the underclassmen who left school early but didn't get drafted. Dick Vitale says a new rule could help future players avoid that fate.

In the right hand margin of the NCAAB page. They even have his picture under there.

i

They did, however, already take Boat's name out of the article.

http://espn.go.com/espn/dickvitale/...ral-underclassmen-go-undrafted-2015-nba-draft

Reaction Score
I know there is a good chance he'll end up overseas, but I'm trying to figure out the best summer league spot for him that will give him a decent shot at making the league. I think Bulls and Clippers are both options.

Also, I have hope he can make it when I look at a guy like Phil Pressey. He is an undrafted, undersized PG who has gotten his chance in the league with the Celtics.

Reaction Score
Well there is no one better than KO to guide a player though the professional grind and become an asset to teams on and OFF the floor. Boat can be that heart + defensive minded guy that pushes others to get better wherever he goes.

That speed and style will allow him to dominate in Euro leagues and be a star. A backup backup or D league just seems soul crushing for Boat.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don't see how he's an NBA player, but he will definitely make more money in Europe which is fine. I wish him luck.

Reaction Score
Nate was much stronger, more than just Boat bulking up a bit, Nate was a freak. Also Nate did have swarming D coming out of college but the NBA is a different animal.

I think overseas is the smart play for him.
I suggested Europe last year when he actually had a better shot to go in the 2nd round.
i normally like most kids to stay four years but it's not in everyone best interest especially if they don't end up with a degree.
But there are exceptions :
Caron wasn't getting any younger,
Boat wasn't getting any taller and
a couple of others we're pretty much assured of huge contracts

In RB's case he might have ten good earning years this year he lost 10% of his earnings to come back to get beat up every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom