Boatright or Jalen? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright or Jalen?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This is super disrespectful to Boat. Boat and it's really not close. I hope Boat still checks in on this board every once in a while.

Reaction Score
Boat is 4 Hunnid times better..........

but we probably have the same record right now with Boat.

Reaction Score
Boat in a land slide. Boat had a better shot to go with his dribble penetration. Jalen could score easier inside but his shot is a ugly and no air under it. On defense boat is clearly better. As others said boat always gave 100%. Can't say the same for jalen. Jalen has to embrace being the man and until he does he won't be better.

Reaction Score
Boat's D during the National title run will always have me eternally grateful. JA has far greater NBA potential based on size, but Boat was a crucial piece of the 14 Title. Kind of an apples to oranges comparison.

This post made me rewatch that 2014 NC game...Shedding a tear at how far we've come since then

Reaction Score
Right now? Boatright and it’s not close. He played his ass off on both ends. No plays off. Jalen has the tools to be an all time great, but he hasn’t improved yet which is hard to fathom since the NBA is a possiblity for him. Boatright also noticeably improved each year. Jalen may have regressed since last year. He sometimes plays like he doesn’t care and only turns it on when he wants to.

Reaction Score
If he gave a s*** it wouldn't be close. But unlike Boat, his passion is not there for the team or the overall impact on the game using both ends. Heart wins out in this one, the little guy has a bigger one.

I 5hink he also had more talent. Mind you, I think Jalen has a lot, but not what Ryan had. If Boat has been 3 inches taller he would be in the League right now. Lack of talent was never his issue.

Reaction Score
The Boat Show all day. He has an NC ring duh!!!! Besides Ryan B can score he didn't need to cus of the other guys on the team could score also.So that being said he had far way the better team than Jalen

But the boat just played,hustle plays, defensive plays and big moment plays as to Jalen has this too cool attitude on the court like he can turn it on whenever he wants.

Reaction Score
At this point, I thought JA would be lightyears better than Boat was for us. Boat could sometimes be frustrating--sometimes played too fast and got ahead of himself, some bad shots, get frustrated with teammates and refs. But Boat was a leader and he showed it on the court. JA has the tools to be better than Boat was for us, but I don't think he's done that yet. If I could replace JA with Boat right now, I would. What do you think?
Boat did it senior year. Just like bazz and aj

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The thing about JA is he gives 60% effort, completely disappears for long stretches of games and will still probably end up averaging close to 20-5-5 this year. He honestly might be one of the most talented and physically blessed dudes we’ve ever had. People were saying he played a bad game last night. Granted he doesn’t play defense and had a couple head scratching decisions on O but he was 8/13 including 3/6 from 3 hit all 3 of his free throws and scored 22. If you can look bad doing that you are a pretty incredible player. You can tell basketball has always been easy for him and he’s not used to working hard or being challenged. Boat on the other hand worked his butt off and you could see it in his effort.

Reaction Score
The thing about JA is he gives 60% effort, completely disappears for long stretches of games and will still probably end up averaging close to 20-5-5 this year. He honestly might be one of the most talented and physically blessed dudes we’ve ever had. People were saying he played a bad game last night. Granted he doesn’t play defense and had a couple head scratching decisions on O but he was 8/13 including 3/6 from 3 hit all 3 of his free throws and scored 22. If you can look bad doing that you are a pretty incredible player. You can tell basketball has always been easy for him and he’s not used to working hard or being challenged. Boat on the other hand worked his butt off and you could see it in his effort.

That's his problem. Give JA the heart of Boatright and he might be one of the best guards to ever come through here.

Reaction Score
That's his problem. Give JA the heart of Boatright and he might be one of the best guards to ever come through here.

It is really frustrating. He can pretty much score at will but he waits until the end of the game to turn it on.

Reaction Score
Think you have the wrong guy. Jalen should be to Bazz as Vital to Boat.
In both cases there was a sharp edge that would make you bleed vs a rubber knife that looks like it might hurt but you can't feel it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom