Boatright is awesome | The Boneyard

Boatright is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I care but I dont care what happens the rest of this game. Its early, the team will grow together and be at top 5 team come march. All i care about right now is Boatright is awesome. This is his first game and it isnt vs a cupcake. Its fsu, one of the better D's in the country and he is balling out. I love him already

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i agree. the kid is fearless and a gamer. makes some mistakes, but who on this team doesn't at this point? he sure is fun to watch. we really could have used him yesterday...

Reaction Score
I'll say this, if we had him yesterday we win for sure. But hey it happens, the season has 3 months to go, we'll get plenty of nice w's the rest of the way.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i hope napier and boat can coexist and napier doesn't get jealous or anything... those three will make a dynamite back court for sure

Reaction Score
Yes he is, I feel bad for Giffey, Roscoe, & DeAndre because I imagine we're going to see alot of 3 guard sets. We sacrifice too much ballhandling and decision making with DeAndre or Roscoe @ the 3.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
he was fantastic today. and btw the announcers are totally wrong to say that you shouldn't foul when the other team is up by one and has the ball with 31 sec left. You try for the steal first then foul as soon as possible. i think JC's beef was in who was fouled rather than the timing

Reaction Score
He sure has that special look aboyt him, I saw him play several times in high school so I already knew how special he is. Once he Bazz and Lamb totally figure out how to play wwith each other, look out. Our best lineup will be a 3 guard lineup and that lineup will be devastating at the end of games.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
posters need to give it a break on the theme "x player won't be happy with decreased minutes and it will hurt chemistry"...it is bad mojo. Let JC figure it out!

Reaction Score
I rather see RB running the point and penetrating when he is in there with SN. SN is great shooter and that would open shots for him unlike SN just jacking shots at then end of the shot clock since he is a black hole at time. RB is as advertised and a great athelete.

Reaction Score
boatright is the man! love him. already better decision/play maker than bazz or lamb.

Reaction Score
boatright is the man! freaking love him. already better decision/play maker than bazz or lamb.

Yep. He sure looks confident for a kid starting his first game. I hope we get to keep him for 4 years. The only thing holding him back from the NBA might be his height. Imagine we got a playmaker like that at PG for 4 years. Between Bazz and him we got a very good back court to break any press.

Reaction Score
Boatright's energy is freakin' amazing!

Passes like a bullet! as well.

Reaction Score
I was impress that on his first four posessions he looked to make passes rather than score. But to hit three consecutive sudden-death free throws in your debut is the stuff of legends. The Boat has left the dock!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He had a great first game. He felt his way for a while, drove and dished, worked hard on D, and made some very big shots and 3 huge FTs. His quickness is amazing. I liked the way Bazz gave him a hug and they were playing around waiting to be interviewed. Hopefully they will be a solid duo that can co-exist and thrive together.

caw

Reaction Score
Bazz seems to be trying to show Boat the ropes in game, as well. After Boat made one of the two silly fouls near the end of the game, Bazz pulled him aside and talked to him (while JC was about to start yelling). Great leadership from Bazz there.

Reaction Score
Bazz seems to be trying to show Boat the ropes in game, as well. After Boat made one of the two silly fouls near the end of the game, Bazz pulled him aside and talked to him (while JC was about to start yelling). Great leadership from Bazz there.

Any thoughts of Donyell Marshall at start of three free throws to tie? Also the expectation of him making all three, WOW. Also that is the best first game yes - no.

Reaction Score
I have to admit, I thought it was too much to expect the freshman, starting his first game after going through all that, to make all three of those free throws. But man that was cool. Once all three fell, I thought for sure they would win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom