Boatright has more control than me | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright has more control than me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because the refs made him go 1-12.

He basically called Nic Moore out after the Tulsa win for winning Player of the Year.

I don't think it's any accident he got "roughed" up today. I think his comments put a bigger bulls eye on him not just to stop him but to take him out. It wasn't smart and even if a reporter asked him he should taken the high road. Individual awards shouldn't be the goal when the team had the ultimate reward waiting for them. Or he should have gone out there and dropped 25. He didn't. He shot 1-12.

Reaction Score
OK to call me out on fact checking. I got the 16-5 from the announcers and was not sure what time Boat re-entered game. Turns out he left at 12:24 when they were down 17 and returned at 9:18 when they were down 11. So in his absence, SMU went scoreless while AB had 2 blocks, Purv had 2 layups and 2 FTs from trying a third, while drawing 4th fouls on both Kennedy and Ben Moore. A 6-0 run for Boat's absence as part of an overall 16-5 run.

But I'll stick with my opinion that with the tempo change, Boat should've stayed on the bench until SMU responded. IMO the team was playing great without him.
I agree on the tempo change and almost all that you've said...except that he should've stayed on the bench. When your best player, and best by a lot, the guy that won the game 48 hours ago and has been your best player all year, is ready to go back in, you put him in and take your chances. No way KO keeps him on the bench with the game/season on the line. Boat has earned that much, and more.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
What the hell does this even mean? Are you insinuating that his concussion was cured at halftime?
You never had your bell rung as a kid. Well, this presupposes that you had a bell to get rung.

Reaction Score
Who made the shot vs Cincinati that even made today's game a possibility?

Who's hands did we make sure had the ball at the end of the Tulsa game because Ollie knew he would knock down the free throws?

Who played a huge part of the Championship run last year?

Really???? Folks are gonna rip Boat? Check yourselves and be thankful for what we got

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Who made the shot vs Cincinati that even made today's game a possibility?

Who's hands did we make sure had the ball at the end of the Tulsa game because Ollie knew he would knock down the free throws?

Who played a huge part of the Championship run last year?

Really???? Folks are gonna rip Boat? Check yourselves and be thankful for what we got

Do you leave MVP/CY winning Kershaw in when he gets tagged for a few runs in the 1st and 2nd innings of the NLCS and shows little control or command? Do you lift your Vezina-winning goalie in the Cup finals when he lets in three soft goals in the 1st period?

Boat was off. Really off. At that point in the game, the way the guys on the floor were picking it up, no reason his bench time couldn't have been extended - especially as he was banged up pretty bad. That's not an insult to Boat. But it is giving credit to the rest of the team that was showing a cohesiveness and level of play that's going to be needed next year. And IMO, Purv looked like he was ready to put the team on his back - something we've only seen DHam do once or twice and nobody other than Boat all year.

Reaction Score
You never had your bell rung as a kid. Well, this presupposes that you had a bell to get rung.

As an athletic coach, I actually had to learn how concussions work. If he'd gotten a concussion in the beginning of the game, it wouldn't go away at halftime.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
As an athletic coach, I actually had to learn how concussions work. If he'd gotten a concussion in the beginning of the game, it wouldn't go away at halftime.
So, you never had your bell rung so you are only guesssing or getting a second hand report. I had my bell run wrestling and playing football.
You walk around in a semi-daze for about fifteen minutes to an half hour and then you come back slowly. This is why football players have for years and years sat out a series or two until there "heads clear" before reentering the game. It was actually normal in the day.

Reaction Score
So, you never had your bell rung so you are only guesssing or getting a second hand report. I had my bell run wrestling and playing football.
You walk around in a semi-daze for about fifteen minutes to an half hour and then you come back slowly. This is why football players have for years and years sat out a series or two until there "heads clear" before reentering the game. It was actually normal in the day.

I played plenty of contact sports, and I have sustained multiple concussions. "Having your bell rung" is a euphemism that football coaches invented because they don't understand how dangerous it is to have kids play contact sports with head injuries.

But none of that is the point. If Boatright didn't have a concussion in the first half, he didn't have one in the second half, either. The number of times you smashed your head growing up doesn't change that.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I played plenty of contact sports, and I have sustained multiple concussions. "Having your bell rung" is a euphemism that football coaches invented because they don't understand how dangerous it is to have kids play contact sports with head injuries.

But none of that is the point. If Boatright didn't have a concussion in the first half, he didn't have one in the second half, either. The number of times you smashed your head growing up doesn't change that.
So, he just laid flat out on the floor because he thought it was cool. And how many times has Boat decided to be cool and lay flat out one the floor until the trainer came out to see him. And do you think Boat would have ever even mentioned that he was a little hazy in a game of this importance.

Reaction Score
So, he just laid flat out on the floor because he thought it was cool. And how many times has Boat decided to be cool and lay flat out one the floor until the trainer came out to see him. And do you think Boat would have ever even mentioned that he was a little hazy in a game of this importance.

You seem to have scrambled your brains more than I thought. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what a concussion is. Boat did not have a concussion for just the first half yesterday, because concussions don't work that way. If he sustained a concussion (he didn't), it would last for the entire game.

He got up holding his face and checking to see if his nose was bleeding, because he got hit in the face. That hurts a whole lot, but it's not the same thing as a concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom