BOATRIGHT HAS KEMBA BLOOD | The Boneyard

BOATRIGHT HAS KEMBA BLOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Big statement, not sure its timely. He does have the potential, that's for sure.

Reaction Score
i'll take the positive over reactions over the ridiculous negative over reactions we got yesterday.

Reaction Score
Boatright is a stud. For a freshman to drop those 3 FTs at critical time is just amazing. The kid got big balls.

Reaction Score
didn't mean to compare him to Kemba- he's his own player....my post was just to say- he's got some "Kemba" in him...tough kid... stepping up and thriving under pressure today- just like K Walk did so many times

Reaction Score
There is only one other debut performance that I can remember that matched what Boat did today and that is Ray Allen's first game vs Virginia a long time ago.

Reaction Score
I seethe similarities between Boatright and Kemba. This kid has heart.

Reaction Score
i'll take the positive over reactions over the ridiculous negative over reactions we got yesterday.

Ya. the reaction is so huge because Florida state has one of the best, if not the best, defense in the entire country. If he can succeed against FSU there isn't a single team in the country that he can't put up big numbers against. That's a lot different than having a debut against UMBC or something where the players aren't athletic and the tallest opponent is 6'5".

Reaction Score
anyone have video of Boat's ridiculous spin move in the lane that resulted in a basket ?

that was an incredibly quick near unguardable move !

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
His penetration dramatically changes the team dynamics. When he gets by his man, someone has to collapse onto him, either a big could be open inside or SN or JL will be open for a kick out three with better rhythm than passing around the perimeter

Reaction Score
His penetration dramatically changes the team dynamics. When he gets by his man, someone has to collapse onto him, either a big could be open inside or SN or JL will be open for a kick out three with better rhythm than passing around the perimeter
As crazy as it sounds, we have an entirely different team with Boatright. Even if he were to play as few as 15 minutes it changes everything dramatically because of the rest to Napier, the ball handling, dishing scoring. I mean I like Giffey but he's used as a 3 and doesn't help us up top.

Reaction Score
Agreed-

I think this is how he is different than Napier. Napier is a great dribbler, but not so quick with the ball going to the basket. Boatright already seems like a one man zone busting machine.

Reaction Score
Would have liked to see him out there earlier but this was sure worth the wait. He has Kemba blood in him.I got your meaning from the jump Hollywood.

Reaction Score
Agreed-

I think this is how he is different than Napier. Napier is a great dribbler, but not so quick with the ball going to the basket. Boatright already seems like a one man zone busting machine.
What we have right now is what in the poker world is otherwise know as a Full House. A Full House in the poker world is also ironically known as a "FULL BOAT" or in our case a "FULLBAZZBOAT". The analogy works perfectly for the astute boneyarder. We have three (3) matching cards of 1 rank (Bazz, Boat JL) and two (2) matching cards of another rank. This is a powerful hand that can take the pot at the World Series of Poker at the Rio. There are similarities between playing great poker and being a great coach like JC. JC now has a much more powerful hand to play. We got our final card on the river (RB) and with this Full House we will get to New Orleans! If you play poker this is a good analogy.

JMHO of course.

Reaction Score
One thing that might be overlooked with the arrival of Boatright is that with the added guard depth, Shabazz can now be more aggressive defensively. We all know how good he can be on that side of the ball and now that he doesn't need to worry about racking up fouls, he can return to being the "reach-around bandit"!

Reaction Score
What we have right now is what in the poker world is otherwise know as a Full House. A Full House in the poker world is also ironically known as a "FULL BOAT" or in our case a "FULLBAZZBOAT". The analogy works perfectly for the astute boneyarder. We have three (3) matching cards of 1 rank (Bazz, Boat JL) and two (2) matching cards of another rank. This is a powerful hand that can take the pot at the World Series of Poker at the Rio. There are similarities between playing great poker and being a great coach like JC. JC now has a much more powerful hand to play. We got our final card on the river (RB) and with this Full House we will get to New Orleans! If you play poker this is a good analogy.

JMHO of course.
http://blog.ctnews.com/uconnbasketb...e-for-that-ucf-game-we-would-have-never-lost/
If it wasn’t for this gutsy freshman, the Huskies would be heading back to Storrs 5-2 overall and 1-2 in this tournament. Instead, they’re 6-1 with plenty of reason to be optimistic. Shabazz Napier, Ryan Boatright and Jeremy Lamb give UConn a “three-headed monster,” in Boatright’s words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom