Boatright clearly fouled on that last shot | The Boneyard

Boatright clearly fouled on that last shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know they don't like to blow the whistle in that situation but that was a pretty blatant foul. The leading scorer in the conference deserved the whistle blown there

Reaction Score
It should not have come down to a last shot. they should have stopped shooting them darn jumpers! Memphis was in foul trouble so keep going inside is what they should have kept doing!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He was fouled, but his double pump took away the effect of the foul. Go up straight and strong and he gets the call.

It happens. Life goes on.

Mission for UConn is the same. Win the rest of the games this season and they make the tourney.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In real time it looked like a foul. On the replay it's a clear good no call.

Reaction Score
I know they don't like to blow the whistle in that situation but that was a pretty blatant foul. The leading scorer in the conference deserved the whistle blown there

Not even close to a foul. We got all the calls this game and still lost to a mediocre and unskilled team who was missing its best player. Blame Purvis / Ollie / the 9 pm start / Len Elmore / the gd soft rim that allowed the last shot to drop / but not the refs. I will blame a young team that is just not that good this year.

Reaction Score
Who even cares?

I generally despise the "don't put yourself in a position to lose on a missed call!!" crowd. But losing at home on senior night to a bad Memphis team without its best player when you're desperate for a win is incomprehensible.

This team just might not be very good. It happens sometimes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
These 3 things are all true:

1. We never should have been in a position to need a last-second shot. The mental toughness required in the second half to step on their throats and put the game away was sorely absent.

2. Boat took a horrible shot. Both that play and the play before were abysmal play calls. Coaching was sorely lacking tonight.

3. Boat was slashed across the arm and a foul should have been called. Period.

Reaction Score
Not even close to a foul. We got all the calls this game and still lost to a mediocre and unskilled team who was missing its best player. Blame Purvis / Ollie / the 9 pm start / Len Elmore / the gd soft rim that allowed the last shot to drop / but not the refs. I will blame a young team that is just not that good this year.

Oh it was a foul but it should not have been called. 15 clearly fouled him on the arm, not even close, but again no bitch crappy selection for a shot

Reaction Score
The refs are bad, very bad but I have to re watch the game to see what we lacked because it's frankly on us.

Reaction Score
Scenerio: Refs call the foul, Boat misses both foul shots. Its possible. Just sayin . . . . . . . .

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hamilton wide open for an 8 footer and he elected to double pump - you never get that call - no bitch on that.

I fully agree - but you could read that play the minute he crossed midcourt
It was a really bad sequence for Boat
I love the guy and what he's done for the program.
It was his Senior night, i feel sorry for him, however, unlike some, I feel sorry because he had one of his less that acceptable performances.
Maybe the festivities played to his head but some of the turnovers, bad shots and the two ridiculous fouls late in the 2nd half hurt the team.
The fouls in particular, Memphis would not have been in a bonus situation on their last offensive set and with fouls to give, UConn could have really screwed up any set play or progression.
Now it's win 4 straight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score

Agreed, he got bumped coming around, fine with that not being called, but when his arm is pushed down with no ball contact on a clear decent shot to win... gotta whistle the foul

The clown on Memphis can cry all night, wouldn't change that it was a legit foul

Reaction Score
15-54 is why we lost the game. We would have lost by 20 if the refs didn't help us out.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
What a travesty - I m sure the refs missed no other calls - considering the FT differential last night...If anyone should be complain about called fouls it should be Memphis...
there are 10 other reasons that start with the bench and end of the floor excluding the refs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom