boat-Purvis | The Boneyard

boat-Purvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think by aac time or mid aac they will be really good. I am rewatching the Dayton game with the twins and see some real potential.

caw

Reaction Score
Boat and Bazz were great but I think Boat does benefit from playing next to a bigger guard. In fact even though both Napier and Boat are exceptional defenders the lack of height hurt at times the last two years. That's one thing that won't be a problem this year (or going forward). I'm going to enjoy watching this team grow.

Reaction Score
With Purvis' more helter skelter attack as the ying to Boat's more measured approach yang, they are going to complement each other very well. It'll be interesting to see what happens against a zone or a team with two quality perimeter defenders but that's where D-Ham will prove most important as a rim attacking wing. That's something that, for as great as DeAndre was at a great many things, we haven't had for a couple years.

I've been very very impressed with Boat's finishing in and around the rim these early couple of games. Seems he's improved his body control and ability to absorb contact while still finishing. He missed quite a few layups the past few years by trying to over contort his body to avoid contact as much as possible. I'm curious to see what he's shooting at the tin so far, but am too lazy to look it up.

Reaction Score
With Purvis' more helter skelter attack as the ying to Boat's more measured approach yang, they are going to complement each other very well. It'll be interesting to see what happens against a zone or a team with two quality perimeter defenders but that's where D-Ham will prove most important as a rim attacking wing. That's something that, for as great as DeAndre was at a great many things, we haven't had for a couple years.

I've been very very impressed with Boat's finishing in and around the rim these early couple of games. Seems he's improved his body control and ability to absorb contact while still finishing. He missed quite a few layups the past few years by trying to over contort his body to avoid contact as much as possible. I'm curious to see what he's shooting at the tin so far, but am too lazy to look it up.

It's funny because last year you would have said Boat was more helter skelter attack as the ying to Bazz's more measured approach. Love the way Boat has taken the reigns and is running the team so far.

Personally I'm not too concerned about facing a zone . We don't have the outside shooting we had last year, but it's not bad either. Boat, Purvis, Cassel and Hamilton can all knock down jump shots. As the team continues to gel I think they will be able to handle the zone.

Reaction Score
Charleston is a man to man team that tried playing zone and we shredded it. So they went back to what they do best, and we actually had much more problems with their man to man.

I don't think we will be so bad against a zone that teams will alter their usual m.o. for us. But teams that mix defenses up a lot will likely throw some zone our way and make us prove we can beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom