Boat on the NCAA front page on SI | The Boneyard

Boat on the NCAA front page on SI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Where's the like times infinity button? Finally some acknowledgment that isn't ESPN bullspit.
Edit: Of course Sean Kilpatrick was the image that comes up when I click the link. :eek:

Reaction Score
Screen shot 2013-08-12 at 10.40.54 PM.png

#HOWYADERN

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Connecticut (Big East to American Athletic)
Maybe D-I’s best backcourt trio and a massive chip after last season’s APR-fueled NCAA ban. Should be best program in new league going fwd.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks Louisville is overrated going into this year?

Yes and No. They are absolutely stacked at every position except PG. They seem to think a Juco transfer is going to jump in and run the team as well as Siva (who was their most important player last year IMO) and I don't see that happening. If he can be less of a gunner and more of a leader they may have a shot at going back-to-back

Reaction Score
But they lost Dieng too and I think Hancock is being looked at too highly as well after the National Championship game

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
But they lost Dieng too and I think Hancock is being looked at too highly as well after the National Championship game

Well, Hancock was frickin' awesome in that game. I didn't see them play much otherwise, but wow, he was clutch when it counted.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks Louisville is overrated going into this year?

you're not alone, i find them very overrated. they lost both their starting pg and c, who were both their best players. and finally hancock is almost as overrated as aaron craft.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Generally, the defending champ is overrated.

The coach is a little distracted, most of the roster has their rings and start playing towards a paycheck, etc.

It would not surprise me if Louisville won the conference...but it also would not surprise me if they finished third or fourth.

Reaction Score
just look at how the previous two champions faired. I doubt ul goes back to back. they problably wont even make the final four. i do think they will be really good though.

Reaction Score

I agree with you that the loss of Dieng can be hurtful. I cannot estimate how damaging the loss of Siva will be at the PG position because I do not know how good their incoming guards will be, but it is not hard to see that Dieng's absence will cause them problems in rebounding and defense. They can win the AAC title, maybe, but arguably not the NCAA's. In fact, they may have plenty of competition from Uconn for the AAC crown. If Uconn wins the AAC, then Uconn goes to the Final Four and may even meet UL there for the 3rd time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom