boat-omar-daniels | The Boneyard

boat-omar-daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
are going to shock ppl this year. were going to be good. was told omar put on some muscle and looks like hes ready to ball hard right away. those 3 are a stud 3 in the making. i expect them to get 75% time together at the 123.

bazz/gif/evans add 2 deep at each spot which is great. but i'm worried about bazz, i actually think it may not be a bad strategy to rs bazz if the injury is lenghty. might be a idea...

between olander/wolf/nolan/tolk. i expect tolk to get some time like gif frosh year. olander/wolf will be together at times but almost always 1 of them in at the 5. only way neither is a lineup of nolan and tolk att he 4/5 which should be rare.

my first guess prep practice reports on lineups(leaving bazz out for now).
boat(evans)-omar(evans/gif)-dd(gif/tolk)-nolan(tolk/olander)-olander(wolf/nolan)

feels good just to talk about something else.

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if Bazz missed any regular season action. Even a slightly hobbled Shabazz is a very good player, as we saw towards the end of the year last season.

At the risk of over-exaggerating, I would argue that November 9th against Michigan State, and December 4th against N.C. State, are two of the most important regular season games in UConn history. Even though they won't be expected to win either of those games, given both are likely pre-season top ten teams, it is a massive opportunity for this program to step up, on the national stage, and collectively say, "UConn basketball isn't going anywhere".

I've scrolled through other boards briefly over the last 24 hours, and the consensus seems to be that UConn is going to struggle mightily next year. While I'm clearly in the minority in thinking that this team is actually pretty talented, expectations are obviously going to be low.

Anyway, here's what I'm trying to say: UConn doesn't have to be great next year, or even good. They simply have to serve as a thorn in peoples sides, pull of an upset or two, and build some positive momentum heading into 2013-14 so that incoming recruits are excited about joining the UConn family.

Reaction Score
It just worries me that a poor mans raf lafrenz -- olander- is our best big . Everything else is cool

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Our front court will be marginal. Our back court will win games by itself at times. Need to defend well and we need our front court to rebound. Gotta win games like the 2011 team won games, good defense and rebounding coupled with someone (Napier or Boat) carrying the offense. In 2011 Kemba was able to carry the offense many games (obviously), this year it will happen less but I think that's how we will get a good portion of our wins.

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if Bazz missed any regular season action. Even a slightly hobbled Shabazz is a very good player, as we saw towards the end of the year last season.

At the risk of over-exaggerating, I would argue that November 9th against Michigan State, and December 4th against N.C. State, are two of the most important regular season games in UConn history. Even though they won't be expected to win either of those games, given both are likely pre-season top ten teams, it is a massive opportunity for this program to step up, on the national stage, and collectively say, "UConn basketball isn't going anywhere".

I've scrolled through other boards briefly over the last 24 hours, and the consensus seems to be that UConn is going to struggle mightily next year. While I'm clearly in the minority in thinking that this team is actually pretty talented, expectations are obviously going to be low.

Anyway, here's what I'm trying to say: UConn doesn't have to be great next year, or even good. They simply have to serve as a thorn in peoples sides, pull of an upset or two, and build some positive momentum heading into 2013-14 so that incoming recruits are excited about joining the UConn family.

Reaction Score
just need one of bigs to step up. If that happens we will be fine, and competitive. If one of them can grab double digit boards and d up we will be real good. However if that doesn't happen, it will be frustrating.

Reaction Score
^ like , how tho? I've seen olander play recently , he is not serviceable. And I dunno any other bigs. Perhaps wolf lol

Reaction Score
Its college, you can win without centers. Just play fast and guard the lanes

Reaction Score
Its college, you can win without centers. Just play fast and guard the lanes
Heck, the final four teams in the NBA last season used SFs at the 4 and face-up 4s at center in crunch time. You can win without a great post presence these days.

Now UConn just needs to find a stud SF and a decent face-up 4.

Reaction Score
are going to shock ppl this year. were going to be good. was told omar put on some muscle and looks like hes ready to ball hard right away. those 3 are a stud 3 in the making. i expect them to get 75% time together at the 123.

bazz/gif/evans add 2 deep at each spot which is great. but i'm worried about bazz, i actually think it may not be a bad strategy to rs bazz if the injury is lenghty. might be a idea...

between olander/wolf/nolan/tolk. i expect tolk to get some time like gif frosh year. olander/wolf will be together at times but almost always 1 of them in at the 5. only way neither is a lineup of nolan and tolk att he 4/5 which should be rare.

my first guess prep practice reports on lineups(leaving bazz out for now).
boat(evans)-omar(evans/gif)-dd(gif/tolk)-nolan(tolk/olander)-olander(wolf/nolan)

feels good just to talk about something else.

I think most of us would kill to have raef lafrentz on this team

Reaction Score
I think we should all hope that izzo's boys don't have their together in Germany. Otherwise that could be embarrassing, very good team with experienced front court (and fantastic coach)

Reaction Score
just need one of bigs to step up. If that happens we will be fine, and competitive. If one of them can grab double digit boards and d up we will be real good. However if that doesn't happen, it will be frustrating.
Freshmen, no matter how talented are almost never the reason teams win unless you are kentucky. It is the improvement of of returning players from one year to the next that usually makes the difference. I'd be shocked if Wolf ever became a major contributor but I've been shocked before (Toraino Walker comes to mind). Giffey could be a surprise and I expect to see 3-4 guard lineups a lot. Olander is going to have to become more of a low post player and concentrate on rebounding and defense. We can have a winning BE record but as you said, someone is going to have to step up and rebound.

Reaction Score
You're crazy for saying redshirt Bazz btw. If the surgery is going to correct this or even if he is at 80% he should play, Boat will be the PG but we still need depth behind him, we saw what kind of toll not having any kind of guard depth took on Bazz last year, we can't have a repeat of that. Given the circumstances surrounding KO there is still plenty to play for this year, they need a full complement of players since the backcourt is going to be relied on so heavily this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom