Boat, Daniels, Omar, Nolan | The Boneyard

Boat, Daniels, Omar, Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Combined: 4-for-23, 5 turnovers.

Five minutes left. Brutal night for the vast majority of our team.

U

UCONNfan1

Combined: 4-for-23, 5 turnovers.

Five minutes left. Brutal night for the vast majority of our team.
Not really a surprise. Not referring to the struggles of the individual players, but this is a team that barely beat Maryland and BCU. Frankly I'm surprised they led IU most of the game, and UCONN played them close the entire game, leading most of the way, but this is not a team with any kind of offensive flow. It looks great when Giffey is nailing outside jumpers, when Daniels is on, and when Bazz and Ryan play with flair but under control, but UCONN needs too many things to go right in any given game to be an elite team this season... They have a very small margin for error. And their lack of any kind of post presence was on full display in this game.

Reaction Score
I just don't understand this team sometimes. Every time we get a chance to get a lead or get some momentum we completely blow it. Get a nice fast break hook to go up five. Then get a nice stop. Have the ball with a chance to go up 7 or 8 and maybe force a timeout. Instead we turn it over and give up a 13-3 run or whatever it was. And then were down.

U

UCONNfan1

I just don't understand this team sometimes. Every time we get a chance to get a lead or get some momentum we completely blow it. Get a nice fast break hook to go up five. Then get a nice stop. Have the ball with a chance to go up 7 or 8 and maybe force a timeout. Instead we turn it over and give up a 13-3 run or whatever it was. And then were down.
Someone said the team is allergic to extending leads, or something like that. I do think the team is doing the best they can. It's not like the guys aren't trying. But they are trying to mask several huge short comings, mainly in the post, and that leads to challenges in stopping the other team when you are trying to make a run. Just my dime store analysis...!

Reaction Score
Someone said the team is allergic to extending leads, or something like that. I do think the team is doing the best they can. It's not like the guys aren't trying. But they are trying to mask several huge short comings, mainly in the post, and that leads to challenges in stopping the other team when you are trying to make a run. Just my dime store analysis...!
I know they're trying but it's just one of those things!

Reaction Score
I got home late and will watch the re-play at 10pm
I noticed Brimah was all zero's in the box.
Is he hurt?
Daniels had 7 boards that's a positive.

These guys need some easy games.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
A lot of guys trying to get theirs, except maybe boat in the second half, he recognized the God particle at work.

Reaction Score
Boat played really well on O but had a poor defensive game. The others were just absolutely lost with the exception of a huge 3 by Daniels.

Daniels needs to rebound.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score

Historically, that is the nature of many Husky teams. The only team I can think of that dominated most games and won by big margins was the 2004 championship team. Sure makes it interesting and stressful to watch :cool:

Reaction Score
Not really a surprise. Not referring to the struggles of the individual players, but this is a team that barely beat Maryland and BCU. Frankly I'm surprised they led IU most of the game, and UCONN played them close the entire game, leading most of the way, but this is not a team with any kind of offensive flow. It looks great when Giffey is nailing outside jumpers, when Daniels is on, and when Bazz and Ryan play with flair but under control, but UCONN needs too many things to go right in any given game to be an elite team this season... They have a very small margin for error. And their lack of any kind of post presence was on full display in this game.

I used to watch games the way you do. As a cynic. A guy who remembers the greatest UCONN teams and the greatest UCONN performances and compares every single game to them. It's the wrong way watch and it will only aggravate the hell out of you. I don't understand for the life of me how UCONN fans can be pessimistic with our play. We are undefeated 1/5th of the way through the season and we have played 3 P5 teams. 2 of which I could see making the NCAA field. Basketball is game of ebb and flow. It's a game of parity these days that sees low level D1 teams upsetting big programs in bunches throughout a given year. For every knock that you have, ie. we suck scoring in the paint, we have 2 positives, ie. we have vast experience and clutch performers, ie. we can't rebound, ie. we have numerous lineups that we can throw out there with 4 different guys who can hit the three at close to a 40% clip and we run the fast break with the best teams in the country. ie. We have no bigs, we have one of the best back courts in the country, and we are deep as hell on the bench. The game is so much more about things that don't show up in the box score or on the height and weight stats. It wasn't by accident that we completely neutralized there best big man in Vonleh tonight. You can say refs all you want but without knowing who drew his fouls, I would bet it had something to do with some of our heady players like shabazz and RB. Hell we even got a freebie inside to TO because Vonleh had 4 and we were smart enough to set up a play for him. We also played great defense but you don't want to talk about that because we have a small margin for error. "Not a team with any kind of offensive flow"----prisoner of the moment much????? We have looked great on offense in many games this year. Hell we came into the game shooting over 50% from the field.

Reaction Score
Historically, that is the nature of many Husky teams. The only team I can think of that dominated most games and won by big margins was the 2004 championship team. Sure makes it interesting and stressful to watch :cool:

Only in the NCAAs. They played in nail-biters all year (losing several).

You have to go back to the Allen/Sheffer teams to find a group that tended to win big most of the time. Even Rip/Khalid years were full of closer-than-they-should-be games (Seton Hall BET quarters, on scorer's table at Pitt, two with Miami, etc.).

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score

You have to go back to the Allen/Sheffer teams to find a group that tended to win big most of the time. Even Rip/Khalid years were full of closer-than-they-should-be games (Seton Hall BET quarters, on scorer's table at Pitt, two with Miami, etc.).
Very true! And the ability to win close ones is the hallmark of a great team (now we have only one two such games, so far to early to claim that as a trend)

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

We were blowing out a lot of people in 09 before Dyson went down.

Reaction Score
I used to watch games the way you do. As a cynic. A guy who remembers the greatest UCONN teams and the greatest UCONN performances and compares every single game to them. It's the wrong way watch and it will only aggravate the hell out of you. I don't understand for the life of me how UCONN fans can be pessimistic with our play. We are undefeated 1/5th of the way through the season and we have played 3 P5 teams. 2 of which I could see making the NCAA field. Basketball is game of ebb and flow. It's a game of parity these days that sees low level D1 teams upsetting big programs in bunches throughout a given year. For every knock that you have, ie. we suck scoring in the paint, we have 2 positives, ie. we have vast experience and clutch performers, ie. we can't rebound, ie. we have numerous lineups that we can throw out there with 4 different guys who can hit the three at close to a 40% clip and we run the fast break with the best teams in the country. ie. We have no bigs, we have one of the best back courts in the country, and we are deep as hell on the bench. The game is so much more about things that don't show up in the box score or on the height and weight stats. It wasn't by accident that we completely neutralized there best big man in Vonleh tonight. You can say refs all you want but without knowing who drew his fouls, I would bet it had something to do with some of our heady players like shabazz and RB. Hell we even got a freebie inside to TO because Vonleh had 4 and we were smart enough to set up a play for him. We also played great defense but you don't want to talk about that because we have a small margin for error. "Not a team with any kind of offensive flow"----prisoner of the moment much????? We have looked great on offense in many games this year. Hell we came into the game shooting over 50% from the field.
One of the best posts I've ever read on here, HOF posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog