Boardwalk Empire | The Boneyard

Boardwalk Empire

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I feel like it is kind of stumbling to the finish line. It is still a good show, but it probably should have ended last year. I feel like i know how it will end for everyone, in part because there are so many historical figures in the movie, and in part because I just think that all the characters except maybe Eli or Chalky will have a very unhappy ending, and no matter what happens, Eli and Chalky are not going to be happy.

I see no point to the flashbacks in the last season. That is something that should have been done in season 1 or 2 when Michael Pitt was still on the show. The flashbacks would have made a lot more sense back then to be honest.

Reaction Score
I thought last night's episode was awesome.

And yeah, can't see how Nucky wins the war against Luciano and Lansky. Unless he makes a deal, like he often does.

I loved the Van Alden scene, and I also liked the Chalky scene.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Just watched the second half of last night's. The most depressing part, by far, was that Dagmara Donimczyk, who was breathtaking in The Count of Monte Cristo, is now credible as a random skank in a dive bar, and I would not have recognized her if i didn't see her name in the credits.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The second to last episode of the show made me so angry I almost don't want to watch the series finale. What a terrible way to go out on this show.

Reaction Score
nelsonmuntz said:
The second to last episode of the show made me so angry I almost don't want to watch the series finale. What a terrible way to go out on this show.

Very rushed. The standoff was dissapointing. still enjoyed the episode (pours a 40 for Mickey Doyle). I thought he was going to make it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Very rushed. The standoff was dissapointing. still enjoyed the episode (pours a 40 for Mickey Doyle). I thought he was going to make it.

It does feel rushed, like the writers just got bored or have moved on to something else already and are just trying to wrap this up.

SPOILER

I didn't think Doyle was going to make it, but I thought Nucky would sell him out somehow instead of Doyle dying from his own stupidity. I liked the way Van Alden went out, and I can kind of live with the way Chalky went out. I thought killing the girlfriend in Cuba at a random roadblock was lazy writing. The show didn't need to kill everyone, and her death didn't really advance the plot.

Nucky would have never kneeled down in front of everyone like that especially after bringing an army that was ready to fight. There is no way that character does that, so the writers might as well have said that the whole show was a dream. Also, Nucky is tough enough to kill the Boss of Bosses and kidnap Siegel, but can't get to Lansky and Luciano? Really? And even in the 1930's, you don't kidnap a U.S. Attorney. All the protection money in the world is worthless if Luciano and Lansky had done that. I would have preferred that Nucky see he was losing, hand over operations to Doyle (who he knew wouldn't last long), and walk away being forced to live alone and with modest means, regretting all his sins and the high life he once lived.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The last episode was excellent, which makes last week's mess even more confusing. They could have cut out almost everything that happened last week and it wouldn't have mattered at all. Strange way to pace the final season.

Reaction Score
nelsonmuntz said:
The last episode was excellent, which makes last week's mess even more confusing. They could have cut out almost everything that happened last week and it wouldn't have mattered at all. Strange way to pace the final season.

Spoiler

Agreed, I am very satisfied with final episode. I feel like an idiot not realizing that kid was Jimmy's son.

Narcisse getting gunned down made me realize how horrible season 4 was. Story lines to nowhere.

Loved seasons 1 and 2. Initially disliked season 3, but after watching it again, I actually enjoyed it. Season 4 was terrible. Really liked this last season.

Reaction Score
The final episode was "good" but kinda "eh" for me. I am guessing most didn't know that was Jimmy's son as I didn't either so the ending itself was solid with his killing. Just feel a little empty I guess, not sure why maybe it's not enough violence to end the deal?

Reaction Score
I enjoyed the series and was satisfied with the way they wrapped it up. They gave you a brief glimmer of hope that Nucky and Margaret might live happily ever after, but you knew that was a pipedream. I wasn't a huge fan of the flashback sequences this season, but I liked the way they showed Nucky making the decision to cross a line he could never uncross when he accepted the sheriff's badge and delivered Gillian to the Commodore. Having the grandson of that union be the cause of Nucky's demise was closing the circle.

Reaction Score
Love the show and loved the final season, finale was a downer but that's what it should have been.

Reaction Score
Love the show and loved the final season, finale was a downer but that's what it should have been.

Guess you're right. My expectations of taking the Mafia out were a bit enthusiastic for the finale ......it was what it should have been!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom