Board is losing it's touch (RE: Maryland) | The Boneyard

Board is losing it's touch (RE: Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And if you follow the link towards the bottom to the Twitter 'mutiny' against Edsall. I'd leave them all home too if I were him.

Reaction Score
Pretty clear he had lost his team. Not surprising at all.

Reaction Score
Pretty clear he had lost his team. Not surprising at all.

A couple of whiners who aren't used to discipline isn't losing a team.

If they are dumb enough to tweet that say no more.

Reaction Score

Agree to disagree. The apologist train has to run out of steam eventually, no?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Oh both thing can be true. They can be whiners and he lost the team.

Reaction Score

One of those kids tweeting was a kid thought to be stud QB coming into his sophomore year. If he hasn't lost the team yet, he has lost that kid it seems. Randy better win next year, or he and that AD may be out the door together.

Reaction Score
I hope they can that goober, but I hope they don't tell him to his face and he has to find out about it on ESPN.

Reaction Score
Oh both thing can be true. They can be whiners and he lost the team.

The same can be said about PP and his players. The same can be said about any team that is losing and have a new coach.

My understanding is the Fridge was not a stern disciplinarian. Randy certainly is a culture shock to MD but I'm not sure he is responsible for ruining the QB.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The same can be said about PP and his players. The same can be said about any team that is losing and have a new coach.

My understanding is the Fridge was not a stern disciplinarian. Randy certainly is a culture shock to MD but I'm not sure he is responsible for ruining the QB.

You don't bring in Randy Edsall unless you want to change your culture. It's still on Edsall to change the culture and win some football games in the transition.

I am as big an apologista who existed. The last 6 weeks. They blew a huge lead to Clemson and lost by 11. FSU by 25. BC by 9. Virgina by 18. Notre Dame by 23. Wake Forest by 21.

6 weeks. 6 losses by a combined 100+ points. To a bunch of teams that aren't exactly setting the world on fire.

When you are a 2 TD underdog to Tom O'Brien... after Maryland has beat NCSU what seems like 10 years in a row... it's almost hard to believe.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I thought Maryland was drowning in ACC tv money and Underarmor cash?

Reaction Score
You don't bring in Randy Edsall unless you want to change your culture. It's still on Edsall to change the culture and win some football games in the transition.

I am as big an apologista who existed. The last 6 weeks. They blew a huge lead to Clemson and lost by 11. FSU by 25. BC by 9. Virgina by 18. Notre Dame by 23. Wake Forest by 21.

6 weeks. 6 losses by a combined 100+ points. To a bunch of teams that aren't exactly setting the world on fire.

When you are a 2 TD underdog to Tom O'Brien... after Maryland has beat NCSU what seems like 10 years in a row... it's almost hard to believe.

Fair point.

Reaction Score
i thought the guys at underarmour thought they were Phil Knight part 2. i can't imagine Knight letting Oregon's track and field teams disappear. as much as people complained about Hathaway, the AD at UMD seems like a total trainwreck.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Isn't the reason Maryland's finances seem worse than most is because they don't put student fees towards the athletic program. About 10 schools in the country would be viable without that little trick.

Reaction Score
I thought Maryland was drowning in ACC tv money and Underarmor cash?
I believe much of the UnderArmor cash dried up when MD did not hire Mike Leach, their selected coach.

Reaction Score
Scary how similar his first season at Maryland is compared to at UConn. UConn was still 1AA, but coming off a good season with high expectations for the coming year. He Changes the culture, numerous suspensions, loses the team (and coaches) and ultimately has a horrible season. He did turn it around, but it took 4-5 years. He won't have that much time at Maryland and the fans are not giving him the benefit of the doubt like he had hear.

Reaction Score
i thought the guys at underarmour thought they were Phil Knight part 2. i can't imagine Knight letting Oregon's track and field teams disappear. as much as people complained about Hathaway, the AD at UMD seems like a total trainwreck.

Knight ran track at Oregon and got his start selling track shoes there. Similar but different.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He's. A. Horribly. Overrated. Coach.

Look, for all his COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS OBSESSION with stuff like "names on the jersies" and "baseball hats in meetings" etc., he makes horrible decisions. Just horrible.

He brought in a bad DC from Southern Miss (much better on D this year), a worse OC from LSU (they seem like a decent little outfit, no?), and as much as specials improved here, Lyndon- the only coach who Edsall brought with him- is as good as fired, because Maryland's specials are the worst in the country. The worst part is everyone knew Crowton and Bradford were not good. Everybody, that is, except Randy. Just like everyone knows recruiting highly-talented players is the key to sustainable, long-term success in FBS. Everybody, that is, except Randy.

Meanwhile, he's busy turning into Stuart Smalley. "I'm great! How lucky is Maryland to have a thinker like me!"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...expectations/2011/11/22/gIQAUySRmN_story.html

Edsall also spent a few minutes painting a picture of working in his office late Monday night watching with interest a television interview of New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft. Kraft was talking about “The Patriots Way” and how he talks to each player they sign and lays out expectations in no uncertain terms.
“So I am sitting there and I am saying, ‘Wow, that’s all I am trying to do here at Maryland,’ ” Edsall said. “And I said, ‘You know what, I must be doing something the right way because here is a guy, one of the most successful franchises in the NFL, basically saying the same things that I am saying and trying to instill here in this program.'”

Edsall should spend more time worried about recruiting and coaching and less time trying to tell the kids to get off his damn lawn. It isn't 1955.

Reaction Score
LOL, the Patriots way is all about having Tom Brady and Belichick. If Randy can uncover another TB, then he might go 10-2 one year.

and I wouldn't go cuckling over how Edsall has lost his team. I think PP has lost many of his players as well. Many rumblings about transfers and drama within the program. It always happens with a new coach, but only really good coaches can overcome in a short time frame.

Reaction Score
LOL, the Patriots way is all about having Tom Brady and Belichick. If Randy can uncover another TB, then he might go 10-2 one year.

and I wouldn't go cuckling over how Edsall has lost his team. I think PP has lost many of his players as well. Many rumblings about transfers and drama within the program. It always happens with a new coach, but only really good coaches can overcome in a short time frame.

Yes, if only Randy had an all-ACC type QB to work with. Someone like Danny O'Brien. Then Randy would be 10-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom