Bo Pellini... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bo Pellini...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
You can't have any college employee calling people C***s when addressing students.

And yeah, this is a problem for Youngstown.

That being said, I really don't care to read that article right now, but about Nebraska fans, they are known as the most polite fans anyone anywhere comes across.
He wasn't a college employee when he made that remark.

Reaction Score
Most people get fired for good reasons. I would want Pellini here if he offered to work for free. People saying the AD sounds like a piece of work are overlooking the fact you are hearing one side of the issue...from a guy who was fired. Is that a credible source?

I prefer fiery coaches, but one can be fiery without being a total dick. I think Pellini is a good coach who has no business as the head guy of a big-time program. I think he is going to love life at Youngstown St., and they will love him back.

Reaction Score
Most people get fired for good reasons. I would want Pellini here if he offered to work for free. People saying the AD sounds like a piece of work are overlooking the fact you are hearing one side of the issue...from a guy who was fired. Is that a credible source?

I prefer fiery coaches, but one can be fiery without being a total dick. I think Pellini is a good coach who has no business as the head guy of a big-time program. I think he is going to love life at Youngstown St., and they will love him back.

the guy would be great here. Like iconic great.

Reaction Score

Why don't you just say you prefer fiery coaches who win NAtional titles for your school cause you will find a long list of people from reporters, to hs bball coaches in CT probably former players who will tell you Calhoun was a total dick. Its okay though, cause he was our dick. Were all fickle when it comes to this.

Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with what he said to those kids. He told the truth. He talked to them like adults, like his friends, like men he cares for. That didn't make me think any less of him. Some people swear every two words in private, it doesn't bother me (like it does the admins of this site, apparently :D ).

The AD is a Jeff Hathaway type. I bet Edsall called him a C-word once or twice.

Also, whoever records these private convos and then gives them to newspapers is a real low-life piece of doody.

Reaction Score
Why don't you just say you prefer fiery coaches who win NAtional titles for your school cause you will find a long list of people from reporters, to hs bball coaches in CT probably former players who will tell you Calhoun was a total dick. Its okay though, cause he was our dick. Were all fickle when it comes to this.

I didn't say that because that's not what I was saying. When I need your help I will call you. There is a difference between pissing off half the room and pissing off the entire room. Almost no one has rushed to defend him and it was a bitch move to talk about the AD in that manner with students present.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. Lets just not pretend the degree to which a guy wins doesn't affect what we tolerate from coaches. If I wasn't a Pats fan I'd hate Bellichik but because he always makes my fball seasons worth watching I love that he is a dick.

If Bob Knight was still winning national titles no one would care he was chucking plants in his office.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. Lets just not pretend the degree to which a guy wins doesn't affect what we tolerate from coaches. If I wasn't a Pats fan I'd hate Bellichik but because he always makes my fball seasons worth watching I love that he is a dick.

If Bob Knight was still winning national titles no one would care he was chucking plants in his office.

You aren't wrong. It just wasn't my reason for posting that response. In sports, winning covers a lot stink. Can't disagree with that at all. A fiery coach can be Bill Parcels or Bill Bellichik. One was a tool at times, but generally loved. The other is a tool 24/7. But both won A LOT so people tolerate both equally.

Reaction Score

To be clear, if Pelini said that about me, I would cry. But then get over it.

I was writing about this from the institution's viewpoint, and with the knowledge that people have been fired-at-time-of-being-hired for less. Anyone who thinks this is a good look for Youngstown is out of their minds. Not talking about you.

Reaction Score
He is a football coach at an FCS school. Non football fans will hardly notice that Youngstown State hired a potty mouth fball coach. Most professors probably couldn't tell Bo Pellini apart from Bo Jackson. Not talking about you.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
He is a football coach at an FCS school. Non football fans will hardly notice that Youngstown State hired a potty mouth fball coach. Most professors probably couldn't tell Bo Pellini apart from Bo Jackson. Not talking about you.

well, I am sure that Bo knows... the difference.

Reaction Score
You can't have any college employee calling people C***s

Upstater's comment is irrefutable. I don't care what Pelini's record is or was. He's a disgrace to the profession. And stop with the Calhoun comparisons. Swearing is one thing. Gathering your players together to call your boss a c**t is indefensible.

Reaction Score
Upstater's comment is irrefutable. I don't care what Pelini's record is or was. He's a disgrace to the profession. And stop with the Calhoun comparisons. Swearing is one thing. Gathering your players together to call your boss a c**t is indefensible.

I think it just slipped out in the course of the conversation. I'm sure it wasn't on the agenda.

Reaction Score
I think it just slipped out in the course of the conversation. I'm sure it wasn't on the agenda.
Yes it was. That venom was not spontaneous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom