BLUEDOGHOUSE END OF THE REGULAR SEASON TOP 25 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BLUEDOGHOUSE END OF THE REGULAR SEASON TOP 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the passage about UK beating the Cavs, or any NBA team for that matter is laughable, hard to take this post too serious if you actually believe that.
Glad to know you love this Cleveland Cavaliers roster so much. Remember I have this Cavs roster beating KU 4 out of 10 times. Duke point Irving should not have been the #1 pick. The Cavs should have drafted Williams from Arizona first and then drafted Kemba. Kemba and DW was Cleveland's ticket out of the NBA gutter.

Reaction Score
Glad to know you love this Cleveland Cavaliers roster so much. Remember I have this Cavs roster beating KU 4 out of 10 times. Duke point Irving should not have been the #1 pick. The Cavs should have drafted Williams from Arizona first and then drafted Kemba. Kemba and DW was Cleveland's ticket out of the NBA gutter.

Cleveland's roster is reallly really bad but that is still crazy talk.

Reaction Score

Has nothing to do with "loving" the Cavs roster, which I don't. There is no college team that is beating an NBA team.

Reaction Score
Has nothing to do with "loving" the Cavs roster, which I don't. There is no college team that is beating an NBA team.
I was hoping you wouldn't take that comment literally regarding you loving the Cavs roster. This author tends to agree with you.

http://medinagazette.northcoastnow....would-awful-cavs-lost-to-no-1-ranked-ohio-st/

http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

This years Kentucky team is much more talented then last years Ohio State team. Teague would have to stay out of foul trouble against the miserable Cavs. The above author was proposing to play the game more or less for good humor but when you have 5 projected NBA first round picks on your college roster (this years Kentucky) and a 2nd rounder (Miller) it does beg the question can the horrific Cavs win half the contests with Kentucky? Teague would have to stay out of foul trouble in the games KU wins. Ironically I still envision this powerful and deep Kentucky team getting upset in March because that's why they call it March Madness!!!!!!!!! :D

Reaction Score
No, it doesn't beg any question. The Cavs would murder Kentucky, end of story. The worst team in the NBA would name the score against whoever you wanted in college. C'mon, you sound ridiculous even suggesting otherwise. It's men against boys.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised posters aren't impressed with UNC. I think Harrison Barnes is better than anyone on UK.

They have 5 star talent, and a nice mixture of classes, whereas UK is predominantly freshman.

UNC was in the elite 8 last year and could've easily beat UK.

Finally, UNC has done very well handling NC expectations (see 2005 and 2009).

Reaction Score
No, it doesn't beg any question. The Cavs would murder Kentucky, end of story. The worst team in the NBA would name the score against whoever you wanted in college. C'mon, you sound ridiculous even suggesting otherwise. It's men against boys.
5 of the top 16 in the 2012 draft is the projection. This year the Cavs bring in Irving and Tristan Thompson with his 48.7 free throw %. Thompson has bust written all over him. Irving is softer then a hot knife cutting through butter. The Cavs are atrocious. The watered down NBA is a league filled with young kids. I was very glad to see Jared Sullinger set the precedent for other players returning to the college game this season. I hope he wins POY. Of course all my opinion. Have a good day!

Reaction Score
You know, I thought you sounded insane until you mentioned Tristan Thompson's free throw percentage. Huh?

No college team is beating an NBA team. That's just how it is. Incidentally, a hot knife cutting through butter isn't soft, it's hot.

Reaction Score
Irving is a much better prospect than Teague first of all. And a fat Baron Davis would steal a freshman Teague's lunch.

A guy like Davis has tons of potential but would be a poor man's Varejao if he stepped on the court vs. an NBA team today.

Gilchrist could be very good but now is an unskilled, good athlete that has a great motor. I can't see him doing anything more than a less athletic Christian Eyenga if they were to play today.

Terrence Jones would be scored on every time by an old Antwan Jamison. Jones was would be comparable to Thompson. Its not like either would light the other up.

Doron Lamb aspires to be a rotation shooter off the bench like Boobie Gibson

And these are their best prospects...Uk goes 7 deep. The rest of their team is scrubs. The rest of the Cavs are ex-college stars. This is just a ridiculous statement.

Reaction Score
bobbygt, what do you mean by Carolina was in the elite 8 last year and could have easily beat Kenutcky. They played each other and Kentucky won. I think Anthony Davis and Gilchrist have more nba talent than Harrison Barnes and while Kentucky has lots of freshman playing a big roll on the team they also have back Doron Lamb, Terrence Jones and Darius Miller.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
- i feel the same about iona as i have said before
-i'm not big on the b10 this year right now, just posted about that
-sec. while uk is always the gem i think they have quality. ala/ark/vandy/fl etc. i think they are the 2nd best conf this year to the BE
-i am high on gonzaga, especially the pg :)
-duke will rack up wins on the acc4-12 teams just like unc so the record will be great but i don't see them as a legit top 8 team. i see a sweet16 exit for them this year
-i'm not that big on atm and i think the b12 has a bit of a down year. baylor is my pick with tex/kan/mizzu being in it. don't sleep on baylor.
-i like memphis alot also
-the pac stinks. az is good and ucla will rack up wins but i don't see them as a big threat. who is the 3rd best team in that conf? i'll take gonzaga over any one from the pac this year.
-the a10 this year is better at the top then the pac i think.

great read, thanks for sharing!

Reaction Score
You know, I thought you sounded insane until you mentioned Tristan Thompson's free throw percentage. Huh?

No college team is beating an NBA team. That's just how it is. Incidentally, a hot knife cutting through butter isn't soft, it's hot.
The argument I would make against Kentucky is they have no depth behind Teague at the point. This means on any given night in the NCAA tournament or otherwise they are vulnerable. When Teague is hitting on all cylinders however Kentucky will be unbeatable. UConn will have Napier and Boatright (eventually) at the most important position on the floor.

Reaction Score
bobbygt, what do you mean by Carolina was in the elite 8 last year and could have easily beat Kenutcky. They played each other and Kentucky won. I think Anthony Davis and Gilchrist have more nba talent than Harrison Barnes and while Kentucky has lots of freshman playing a big roll on the team they also have back Doron Lamb, Terrence Jones and Darius Miller.

1. Carolina made it to the elite 8 last year
2. They barely lost to Kentucky in the elite 8 last year (it was a 1 pt game with 40 seconds left).

The entire UNC team is back.

UK lost some very important players from their FF team. They could've lost to Princeton if not for a last second Knight shot. Jorts was a huge reason they got by OSU.

Sure, UK has soem non-freshman returning, but their hyped because of their freshman. I would take a team that has just as many 5*, with an elite 8 appearance, over a team with lots of talent that hasn't done anything together.

Reaction Score
I just don't understand the they could have beat them comment, they didn't beat them, that's the same crap Kentucky players say about UConn last year. Also Kentucky will be a completely different team than last year and they definitely have more talent this year just as UConn does.

Reaction Score
I just don't understand the they could have beat them comment, they didn't beat them, that's the same crap Kentucky players say about UConn last year. Also Kentucky will be a completely different team than last year and they definitely have more talent this year just as UConn does.

Actually, UNC did beat UK last year, during the regular season.

I see no problem with saying that UNC could've beat UK last year: the point is that they were very close to making it to the FF and they bring everyone back from that team. UK lost many important pieces on a team that went 1-1 against unc last year.

Therefore, I think one should give unc the advantage.

I'll take experience over talent all the time, especially when that experience has basically the same amount of talent.

Uconn won last year because Kemba became a upperclassman leader. Do you think Uconn wins last year with a freshman Walker?

I give the nod to unc over both UK and uconn (I hope I'm wrong).

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nice write up. Thanks for the info. I'm going to read this a few times and observe how the players you point out perform over the season.

Funny that you do this real in depth write up and a lot of the commentary is pointed to one comment.

Reaction Score
Uh, let's take Robinson off that list, please. The kid was barely a Big East caliber athlete, as everyone knows.

Carolina's always going to get the benefit of the doubt, and get hyped beyond belief. I think Henson, Zeller, Barnes, McAdoo is a pretty good core of frontcourt players, but I don't think they're some kind of juggernaut. We'll see.
Completely agree. They have a very good frontcourt, but I dont think its any better than ours. Carolina is good, but not a top team of the decade or anything. And to the previous poster who said Henson is an elite athlete; hes not. Hes long and fairly quick but hes not explosive. When I think of top tier athleticism I think of a guy whose explosive and has that bounce in his step, ala Andre. Henson is not on that level.

Reaction Score
Irving is a much better prospect than Teague first of all. And a fat Baron Davis would steal a freshman Teague's lunch.

A guy like Davis has tons of potential but would be a poor man's Varejao if he stepped on the court vs. an NBA team today.

Gilchrist could be very good but now is an unskilled, good athlete that has a great motor. I can't see him doing anything more than a less athletic Christian Eyenga if they were to play today.

Terrence Jones would be scored on every time by an old Antwan Jamison. Jones was would be comparable to Thompson. Its not like either would light the other up.

Doron Lamb aspires to be a rotation shooter off the bench like Boobie Gibson

And these are their best prospects...Uk goes 7 deep. The rest of their team is scrubs. The rest of the Cavs are ex-college stars. This is just a ridiculous statement.
"This is just a ridiculous statement"-Walker

The intent of the thread was to open up the conversation and debate over the substantive content of the subject heading. After UConn was beat by Notre Dame on senior night in Storrs to drop their Big East record to 9-9 (losing their last 4 of 5) most would have thought anyone who believed UConn would win the National Championship was ridiculous. I would say anyone who stated UConn would then run off 11 straight victories was bold not ridiculous. Admittedly, claiming this years Kentucky team could beat the Cavs 6 out of 10 times is bold. It is not ridiculous based on the talent base on Kentucky. I seriously doubt Doron Lamb aspires to be a rotation shooter off the bench. Gilchrist unskilled? Considering Irving's limited exposure to competition on the collegiate level it is hard to make the case he is more prepared for the NBA then Teague. Baron Davis is essentially finished with his bad knee and weight issues that will linger into his inevitable retirement. The sad thing is the Cavs took Davis in order to draft Irving when D Williams was on the board.

Fill Rupp with 23,500 fans and bring in the Cavs. I'll take this Kentucky team 60% of the time.

Reaction Score
- i feel the same about iona as i have said before
-i'm not big on the b10 this year right now, just posted about that
-sec. while uk is always the gem i think they have quality. ala/ark/vandy/fl etc. i think they are the 2nd best conf this year to the BE
-i am high on gonzaga, especially the pg :)
-duke will rack up wins on the acc4-12 teams just like unc so the record will be great but i don't see them as a legit top 8 team. i see a sweet16 exit for them this year
-i'm not that big on atm and i think the b12 has a bit of a down year. baylor is my pick with tex/kan/mizzu being in it. don't sleep on baylor.
-i like memphis alot also
-the pac stinks. az is good and ucla will rack up wins but i don't see them as a big threat. who is the 3rd best team in that conf? i'll take gonzaga over any one from the pac this year.
-the a10 this year is better at the top then the pac i think.

great read, thanks for sharing!
SEC and BE are the best conferences this year. The Zags are always well coached and the Stockton factor is always intriguing. I love Baylor to win the Big 12. Most are not sold on Memphis to make it to New Orleans. I will be bold and claim Memphis can win it all (I certainly hope they don't). Memphis is 1 year away (assuming the core returns). It will be a feeding frenzy for Duke and UNC in the ACC. California is projected by some as the #3 in the Pac 10. Pac 10 is weak again. Xavier and Temple at the top of the A10.

I absolutely love Iona . I look for Iona to beat a top seed in the 2nd round of the NCAA's. Possibly taking out a #1 or #2 seed.

Reaction Score
Nice write up. Thanks for the info. I'm going to read this a few times and observe how the players you point out perform over the season.

Funny that you do this real in depth write up and a lot of the commentary is pointed to one comment.
It highlights some of the big games nationally before they occur. It is always my pleasure fleud. The boneyard rules and always will. JC will have UConn ready to pounce right before Selection Sunday!! Thanks for all your great posts.

Best Always...

Reaction Score
It is inconsiderate to focus on 1 small part of your post because it was very well thought out and the positive insights outweighed the negative by a huge margin, but your Cavs - UK sentiment is just that dumb IMO. My Lamb statement was poorly worded. Of course he dreams to be an all star or similar but based on his skill set, being a 3 point threat and rotational player would be a good goal from him. I've only seen Gilchrist play 2x so I will not rely on myself for that analysis - he is labelled as a sub-par shooter and solid ball handler by the recruiting guys who rank him as a top-5 talent.

It was a good post though and obviously spurred discussion.

Reaction Score
It is inconsiderate to focus on 1 small part of your post because it was very well thought out and the positive insights outweighed the negative by a huge margin, but your Cavs - UK sentiment is just that dumb IMO. My Lamb statement was poorly worded. Of course he dreams to be an all star or similar but based on his skill set, being a 3 point threat and rotational player would be a good goal from him. I've only seen Gilchrist play 2x so I will not rely on myself for that analysis - he is labelled as a sub-par shooter and solid ball handler by the recruiting guys who rank him as a top-5 talent.

It was a good post though and obviously spurred discussion.
Just some insight. I hate Kentucky and hope you are correct. Hate is all relative (nothing personal). My picks could obviously all be wrong. That is the fun of it! When talking hoops what better place then the boneyard? This is where the best fans in America hang out!

Reaction Score
Memphis is way too high. The team was a 12 seed in the tournament last year and had to win their conference tourney to even get in.

The Cavs would romp Kentucky.
Who do you see Memphis losing to this year in the regular season? Take the preseason rank and parlay that with their schedule and where would you rank them? You claim way to high so I'm assuming you have them out of the top 15 in the final regular season AP/coaches polls? If Memphis loses 3 regular season games this ranking will hold. Where are the 4 loses coming from?

Reaction Score
Good effort and I'm sure it took a while to compile. I too have some differences but I'm not going to discredit your valiant effort. Thanks, we will see how your projections pan out in a few months.
I worked on it while watching some of the key games UConn played last year. Mostly vetting some of our Big East opponents from a year ago and their returning players. Baylor is a bold #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom