Blue Star updates/cleans up its c/o 2016 Rankings | The Boneyard

Blue Star updates/cleans up its c/o 2016 Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
6'9" Felicia Aiyeotan drops about 50 spots from #3 or 4 to #53. Overall, the new order seems to be more up to date/accurate/consistent with other reports and evaluations.

Kyla Irwin is #44.

Off the top of my head, #21 Doyle and #32 Morang are the only names in the top 50 that seem to be ranked noticeably higher than where alternative reports/rankings/evals imply they should be. And though she's been one of the more talked about players in the class, Mulkey at #5 seems a bit too high as well (though she's #12 by HG & #17 by PN).

http://bluestarbb.com

Reaction Score
How does a player get dropped 50-spots? Answer -break Mike Flynn's heart. She left the Belles for Philly Triple Threat and Flynn decided to send her a big message.

Reaction Score
How does a player get dropped 50-spots? Answer -break Mike Flynn's heart. She left the Belles for Philly Triple Threat and Flynn decided to send her a big message.

She has also been a project from the word go and from most accounts her development has been minimal at best.

Reaction Score
That's not my point. My point is maybe she should not have been ranked that high. My point is, it appears Mike Flynn got upset and moved her 50-spots down after she left the Philly Belles. Tells you that the rankings are mostly biased in favor of Belles players.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's not my point. My point is maybe she should not have been ranked that high. My point is, it appears Mike Flynn got upset and moved her 50-spots down after she left the Philly Belles. Tells you that the rankings are mostly biased in favor of Belles players.
She dropped in other rankings too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
6'9" Felicia Aiyeotan drops about 50 spots from #3 or 4 to #53. Overall, the new order seems to be more up to date/accurate/consistent with other reports and evaluations.

Kyla Irwin is #44.

Off the top of my head, #21 Doyle and #32 Morang are the only names in the top 50 that seem to be ranked noticeably higher than where alternative reports/rankings/evals imply they should be. And though she's been one of the more talked about players in the class, Mulkey at #5 seems a bit too high as well (though she's #12 by HG & #17 by PN).

http://bluestarbb.com
Thanks for the heads up. I can update my spreadsheets now. :D

Reaction Score
She dropped in other rankings too.

She did drop elsewhere, but based on other past rankings, Hoopdreams is definitely onto something.

In fact, I mentioned Morang in my OP without knowing her AAU team, and sure enough, it's Philly Belles.

Dominique Toussaint @ #16 is another Philly Belle, but she's at least #25 by PN & #48 by HG, whereas Morang is outside of both PN & HG top 100.

Overall, nothing terribly egregious though for 2016.

For 2017, there are a couple anomalies, including Philly Belle & UConn commit Andra Espinoza-Hunter @ #3 while #26 by PN & #42 by HG.

Reaction Score
She did drop elsewhere, but based on other past rankings, Hoopdreams is definitely onto something.

In fact, I mentioned Morang in my OP without knowing her AAU team, and sure enough, it's Philly Belles.

Dominique Toussaint @ #16 is another Philly Belle, but she's at least #25 by PN & #48 by HG, whereas Morang is outside of both PN & HG top 100.

Overall, nothing terribly egregious though for 2016.

For 2017, there are a couple anomalies, including Philly Belle & UConn commit Andra Espinoza-Hunter @ #3 while #26 by PN & #42 by HG.

Finally someone who's getting what I'm talking about. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom