Blue Demons to be back on the schedule? | The Boneyard

Blue Demons to be back on the schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno will try to arrange it, in my view. Doug is his buddy, and DePaul provides reasonable competition.

Reaction Score
Geno will try to arrange it, in my view. Doug is his buddy, and DePaul provides reasonable competition.
Useful too for recruiting in the Chicago area? What other departing teams would GA want to play? Villanova when their schedule clears in 2 years? Rutgers or St. Johns?

Reaction Score
I would love for UCONN to continue to play St. Johns, but Rutgers I could care less if we never played them again. Just do not like their style of play.

Reaction Score
I would love for UCONN to continue to play St. Johns, but Rutgers I could care less if we never played them again. Just do not like their style of play.

If Rutgers wants to be on UConn's schedule, they will be. Coach Dailey is a Rutgers graduate, and Coach Auriemma owes it to Coach Stringer.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Geography and financial considerations may surface. Geno could schedule at least one of those Saturday-Monday field trips with some combination of Temple-St. John's-Rutgers-Villanova. There are compelling reasons to play each of these four teams: Temple will be in the new conference; St. John's is in NYC; Villanova and Rutgers are old friendly rivals. UConn will sell tix for them and they will outdraw the likes of Memphis or SMU here in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
UConn women's basketball often schedules home and home out of conference games with national television in mind. I'm inclined to think that games against any of the Catholic 7 teams would not cause ESPN and company to sign up for those games.

Reaction Score
Come to think of it, DePaul would provide a good homecoming game for Morgan Tuck.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
If Rutgers wants to be on UConn's schedule, they will be. Coach Dailey is a Rutgers graduate, and Coach Auriemma owes it to Coach Stringer.

curious about this....????

Reaction Score
curious about this....????

From Geno: In Pursuit of Perfection, page 284
I remember when we are trying to build our program in the eighties. We wanted to play people who were better than us, because that's the only way you improve. I contact Penn State because they are an East Coast team. They say, " Why would we waste our time playing you guys? What's in it for us?" Their attitude is, "Come here and play us five times and maybe we'll come to your place." Meanwhile we call C. Vivian Stinger at Iowa and ask, "Can we come out and play in your tournament?" and she says, "Fine. Come on out."

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Come to think of it, DePaul would provide a good homecoming game for Morgan Tuck.

True.

And what about Kiah Stokes? Do we see Iowa or Iowa State in our future?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
From Geno: In Pursuit of Perfection, page 284
I remember when we are trying to build our program in the eighties. We wanted to play people who were better than us, because that's the only way you improve. I contact Penn State because they are an East Coast team. They say, " Why would we waste our time playing you guys? What's in it for us?" Their attitude is, "Come here and play us five times and maybe we'll come to your place." Meanwhile we call C. Vivian Stinger at Iowa and ask, "Can we come out and play in your tournament?" and she says, "Fine. Come on out."
If we have a holiday tournament then Geno can return the favor.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
agreed. Not a fan of C Viv nor of Rutgers, each for different reasons.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Rady inbox me your reason... or can you post them on a public forum.

I dont think Geno nor CViv care what a few fans think about them playing in the future... even tho it may not be a hot ticket IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom