Blood and iron in the steel city | The Boneyard

Blood and iron in the steel city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Steel is strong. It's an alloy of iron. Steel itself, and more importantly, the ability to make it was a prize, and still is, going back to warriors and great battles in ancient antiquity.

Tonight, we take the field in the Steel City.

In the words of Otto von Bismarck in Europe in 1849.

Not by speeches, and decisions of majorities, will the greatest problems of our time be solved, but by blood and iron. This is not the time for an olive branch.

We face a difficult time, our beloved institution. We've got plenty of people making the speeches, workign the majorities, trying to solve problems.

BUT - the final, most powerful way, that problems ultimately get solved. Is through war. Von Clausewitz. War is an extension of politics. Football is war, and tonight it's our extension of politics.

Our gridiron warriors, take the battlefield tonight, an extension of all the institution stands for in the surrounding landscape.

In the cold and wet, steel city. A cold rain, over a traditionally messy and poorly kept field of battle is the perfect setting for what needs to be done.

We leave our blood on the field tonight, and return with honor, having taken the steel prize, and the sweet warmth of victory.

Reaction Score
There it is! (Although I must say, I had hoped you'd post it on the thread already set up for you.)

And I'm impressed. Other than the "laws and sausages" speech, I haven't heard the Iron Chancellor quoted since college days.

Reaction Score
Well said, Carl. I have been looking forward to this game all year. We need to find a way take take home a W tonight. The whole season turns on this game.

Reaction Score
Team looks great in warmups. White tops- blue pants.
Hypolite running hard in warmups. Whispers are that Blidi may be out for the year.

Reaction Score
Team looks great in warmups. White tops- blue pants.
Hypolite running hard in warmups. Whispers are that Blidi may be out for the year.

That would reak of suckitude. Where are you hearing this?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Needs some dramatic background music...

Reaction Score
I said whispers, but he looked pretty good at coin toss-walked without brace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom