Block C helmet... just another concept | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Block C helmet... just another concept

Reaction Score
An in-conference team, THIS should be UCF's helmet.

s-l1600.jpg

Reaction Score
I like all the colors, but my favorite is the white helmet.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like the Randy concept better, but these are all nice as well

Reaction Score
Give the block C a rest. It was boring, is boring and will be boring if by some lunacy is brought back. It's not part of the brand so like the dinosaur, let it RIP. If anything they should bring back the UConn Husky logo that was unique and unmistakably UCONN

8lWZiJ5XS667iEyVT3Zpdw.png

Reaction Score
One more time...the block C sucks. Doesn't represent the University. It's not our logo, not our brand. Only positive is that, once we are through with them, we can give them to Central Connecticut, Cincinnati, the Chicago Bears, or Conard HS and not have to change the design. We need to take pride in the Husky

No spitting match "geordi" but it is and has been in past threads on this topic your opinion is VERY much in the minority. Like the smiling Johnathan that had at the time 11 NC's to it's credit and recognized everywhere as UCONN. This if the hat, shirt or garb said CT or not the dog said it all.
This also goes for the block C as being representative of UCONN football. Once going D1 the block C was the only sliver of history we had. Warde and Susie sold out to NIKE for a money grab and made a BIG mistake. Any where one would travel you recognized the block C as being CT.
It was great at many events....Our first bowl game...
And The Papa Johns...Check out their scoreboard @ 5:39 ......UConn Papajohns.com Bowl Video 2010
It did not turn out so well but it looked good at a Fiesta Bowl....uconn fiesta bowl - Google Search:
I won't carry on but let us not forget a visit to South Bend....Notre Dame’s Loss Leaves Charlie Weis Hanging by a Thread

What we have here is nothing more than a font disagreement. In your lingo you think it sucks, in mine I love it and hope they bring it back. This along with the smiling dog. Either way I will be in my seat rooting regardless of what is on the helmet.

Last edited:

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Give the block C a rest. It was boring, is boring and will be boring if by some lunacy is brought back. It's not part of the brand so like the dinosaur, let it RIP. If anything they should bring back the UConn Husky logo that was unique and unmistakably UCONN

8lWZiJ5XS667iEyVT3Zpdw.png
We had helmets similar to this for club lax back in 2012. Opposing teams always commented how they wanted one.

Reaction Score
2004 Motor City Bowl: fun weekend, frigid cold especially tailgating-of-sorts on some pub's patio across from Ford Field, but balmy and happy inside for players, coaches, families, alumni, students, and other Huskies' fans alike.

Reaction Score
The Blue looks a little different than before. Maybe just the light but I like it.

Reaction Score
IF we end up going back to the blue helmets with the block C we need to re-design the unis... because the ones that were worn when we had those helmets just look OLD... horribly OLD....

Reaction Score
The logo thing is a mix bag: I would wear my UConn football block "C" on vacation no one new what is was. They were looking for the Happy Husky logo.

The UConn brand was so all over the place. Women's and Men's basketball had their own logo. Baseball had a C. Football had a block C. And we have a happy dog logo and the word "UConn cursive logo". We were all over the place with marketing, our logo situation was a mess. It confused TV & Media outlets as they would use the incorrect logos (ie woman's for men's logos on TV & internet scoreboards) I really could not recall a school that had so many different logos for each sport. Nike came up with a mean looking husky to become our brand and unique identifier. And I truly believe it was 100% the correct move.

And as much as us couch potatoes like the classier block C......... the kids, I would bet, want the mean looking dog on their helmets.

The Oregon stuff is crazy but we have seen that kids have committed to Oregon because they like Nike and the crazy unis. We need all the help we can get and we need the crazy unis and a mean dog........The Block C is for grandma & grandpa.

My two cents......I think each year/season we have a game where we explain the history, trailers etc..... of our program to the kids and we wear the Block C unis for a game. This will let us relive the glory days for one game a year and still keep us current with the mean dog. I would push to wear the block C if we play an old big east team as a "throwback" game so to speak.

Reaction Score
The logo thing is a mix bag: I would wear my UConn football block "C" on vacation no one new what is was. They were looking for the Happy Husky logo.

The UConn brand was so all over the place. Women's and Men's basketball had their own logo. Baseball had a C. Football had a block C. And we have a happy dog logo and the word "UConn cursive logo". We were all over the place with marketing, our logo situation was a mess. It confused TV & Media outlets as they would use the incorrect logos (ie woman's for men's logos on TV & internet scoreboards) I really could not recall a school that had so many different logos for each sport. Nike came up with a mean looking husky to become our brand and unique identifier. And I truly believe it was 100% the correct move.

And as much as us couch potatoes like the classier block C.... the kids, I would bet, want the mean looking dog on their helmets.

The Oregon stuff is crazy but we have seen that kids have committed to Oregon because they like Nike and the crazy unis. We need all the help we can get and we need the crazy unis and a mean dog...The Block C is for grandma & grandpa.

My two cents.I think each year/season we have a game where we explain the history, trailers etc..... of our program to the kids and we wear the Block C unis for a game. This will let us relive the glory days for one game a year and still keep us current with the mean dog. I would push to wear the block C if we play an old big east team as a "throwback" game so to speak.

Let’s be honest... the rebrand was 100% a curse.

Reaction Score
I hope we wear the block C for the cuse game. But that is the only game

Reaction Score

And as much as us couch potatoes like the classier block C.... the kids, I would bet, want the mean looking dog on their helmets.

The Oregon stuff is crazy but we have seen that kids have committed to Oregon because they like Nike and the crazy unis. We need all the help we can get and we need the crazy unis and a mean dog...The Block C is for grandma & grandpa.

My two cents.I think each year/season we have a game where we explain the history, trailers etc..... of our program to the kids and we wear the Block C unis for a game. This will let us relive the glory days for one game a year and still keep us current with the mean dog. I would push to wear the block C if we play an old big east team as a "throwback" game so to speak.
I agree. The block C is unrecognized across the country. Only matters to the core fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom