• Player B

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Too close to say

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • The Blind One

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
We just completed a 31 game regular season and not only was Hopkins a unanimous first team all Big East pick, but I would argue that his 27 and 12 performance against UConn was the strongest by any opponent this season. Please show me where I'm wrong. We played lots of very good teams with lots of talented players. Show me one that was better than Hopkins when we faced them.

You're still reaching. It's okay to admit you were wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Loved your go at bass.

Sonogo is going to be missed next year and I know you will argue Hawkins loss will be greater but Adama is the foundation of this team. He is rock steady and literally as well as figuratively the player that is the center of this teams success.

Both will be missed. I'd say they're equally important to our success. We have Clingan in the waiting, so the loss of Sanogo will probably sting less.

Reaction Score
Childish? Perhaps.

Petty? Definitely.

Laughing hysterically at this very moment? Certainly.

I know bad takes when I see them, and I always remember.
Childish….petty….earlier in the year, you called yourself sassy. I like your versatility. I also like when you’re a bit belligerent. That’s the most fun @husky429

Since I think both Sanogo and Hopkins are good players, this thread doesn’t provoke my ire. But I’ll tell you what really grinds my gears, the NCAA Division 1 4-year transition period. The fact that Merrimack can’t qualify for the NCAA Tournament is ludicrous.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I'll take Stevie Wonder over Ray Charles. Although they both play great.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Your bad take was awful, and has only to become worse as time goes on. You said he's considerably better than anyone on UConn, which is factually incorrect as evidenced by Sanogo and Hawkins making the 1st team with him
Whelp in fairness neither Sanogo or Hawkins are in contention for POY. It’s a 2 horse race between Kolek and Hopkins. Should be kolek

Reaction Score
Whelp in fairness neither Sanogo or Hawkins are in contention for POY. It’s a 2 horse race between Kolek and Hopkins. Should be kolek
It's not a two horse race. Kolek has by far the best #'s in the league and his team easily won the league.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Per 36 is useful to contextualize what the player would put up in normal minutes, but I never understood using it as a means to tear down someone in a comparison. If anything, Hopkins deserves more credit for being durable and conditioned enough to carry a larger burden than most players.

Reaction Score
Per 36 is useful to contextualize what the player would put up in normal minutes, but I never understood using it as a means to tear down someone in a comparison. If anything, Hopkins deserves more credit for being durable and conditioned enough to carry a larger burden than most players.
You're going to score more and get more rebounds per game if you play more minutes, efficiency could possibly go down but we know your points and rebounds will go up. It's good that guys like Hopkins and Karaban can play so many minutes but it's a function of them not having anyone to fill in for them. Sanogo has the best backup center in the country to full in for him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You're going to score more and get more rebounds per game if you play more minutes, efficiency could possibly go down but we know your points and rebounds will go up. It's good that guys like Hopkins and Karaban can play so many minutes but it's a function of them not having anyone to fill in for them. Sanogo has the best backup center in the country to full in for him.
Of course, but why take credit away for playing more minutes, scoring more points, and grabbing more rebounds? It just seems right we’d celebrate players that produce more. I’m sure Alex would have better efficiency numbers if he played less this year, but I sure don’t want him on the bench more.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I can't be the only one who wondered who the blind players we were going to compare were. I mean how can you play basketball if you can't see?

Reaction Score
If Adama played more minutes and if the team finished as regular season champs, I like to think he would be the favorite for POY.

But having Clingan allowed Hurley to keep adama fresh and out of foul trouble, which is a better outcome than individual stats or awards.

Reaction Score
We just completed a 31 game regular season and not only was Hopkins a unanimous first team all Big East pick, but I would argue that his 27 and 12 performance against UConn was the strongest by any opponent this season. Please show me where I'm wrong. We played lots of very good teams with lots of talented players. Show me one that was better than Hopkins when we faced them.
So every year whoever has the best game against uconn is the best player in the league? Interesting

Reaction Score
I'm assuming many of ya'll will be able to figure it out, but after some trash talk earlier this season, I figured I'd send out the poll. Numbers are per 36, and only in the 20 conference games. Both teams in the top half of the conference.

Player A:

20.8 PTS
9.7 REB (3.5 offensive)
1.7 AST

2.5 TO
1.0 STL
0.9 BLK
3.9 PF

60% 2FG (13.4 attempts)
36% 3FG (1.8 attempts)
76% FT (3.8 attempts)

126 - Offensive rating (higher is better)
93 - Defensive rating (lower is better)

Player B:

16.7 PTS
8.6 REB (1.4 offensive)
2.1 AST

2.1 TO
0.9 STL
0.9 BLK
2.2 PF

45 2FG (10.0 attempts)
42% 3FG (2.4 attempts)
76% FT (6.2 attempts)

114 - Offensive rating (higher is better)
102 - Defensive rating (lower is better)
Without reading any other posts beyond yours, I am assuming Player A is Sanogo and Player B is Bryce Hopkins. I will read the rest of the posts later to find out : )

Reaction Score
So every year whoever has the best game against uconn is the best player in the league? Interesting
If he happens to also be one of two unanimous First Team All Big East selections, those are pretty nice credentials.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Both will be missed. I'd say they're equally important to our success. We have Clingan in the waiting, so the loss of Sanogo will probably sting less.
Where is Sanogo going. If he hears he has no chance of being drafted, which is not out of the question, does he go FA or overseas or work on a midrange game in the off season and return next year?
I would love to see him get a shot but I fear the mid range is the important part he is missing. There may be that one or two teams that feel he could be a fit. Let’s hope that’s the case.

Reaction Score
I'm not arguing that Hopkins isn't the better player, nobody is. But you can agree Sanogo and Hawkins are almost as talented as him right?

Reaction Score
Bryce Hopkins can enjoy his POY award with Ben Hansborough
I mean, but he's not going to win it. Why would you give it to the best player on a 5 seed who has been collapsing? He averaged 10.8 ppg and 3.5 rbg in the last 4 games, in which they lost 3 of 4, their only win coming against the worst team in the league while getting blown out twice and losing by 5 against a team that was blowing them out most of the game. A shameful performance undignified of the PotY.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He missed a few bunnies that had me yelling at the TV yesterday, but to be fair he was also getting mugged.
Sanogo got d i c k e d over by the officiating. I actually felt bad for him. Yet he still put the clamps on Dixon and outplayed him

Reaction Score
Childish….petty….earlier in the year, you called yourself sassy. I like your versatility. I also like when you’re a bit belligerent. That’s the most fun @husky429

Since I think both Sanogo and Hopkins are good players, this thread doesn’t provoke my ire. But I’ll tell you what really grinds my gears, the NCAA Division 1 4-year transition period. The fact that Merrimack can’t qualify for the NCAA Tournament is ludicrous.
yeah that's complete BS. And it's the 2nd year in a row this stupid rule has been applied.

Reaction Score
I mean, but he's not going to win it. Why would you give it to the best player on a 5 seed who has been collapsing? He averaged 10.8 ppg and 3.5 rbg in the last 4 games, in which they went 3 of 4, their only win coming against the worst team in the league while getting blown out twice and losing by 5 against a team that was blowing them out most of the game. A shameful performance undignified of the PotY.
True, Koleks got it on lock

Reaction Score
Where is Sanogo going. If he hears he has no chance of being drafted, which is not out of the question, does he go FA or overseas or work on a midrange game in the off season and return next year?
I would love to see him get a shot but I fear the mid range is the important part he is missing. There may be that one or two teams that feel he could be a fit. Let’s hope that’s the case.
Nba draft room has Adama going in the middle of the second round. Which normally means the g league, right? A few other sites don’t have him listed at all.

I’d be thrilled if Adama came back and UConn next year would be a much better team with him than without him. But I suspect he’s gone. We will know soon enough.

But first things first.

BAAAAC90-AD9C-45DB-A3EC-B273BB6BA3D7.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'm assuming many of ya'll will be able to figure it out, but after some trash talk earlier this season, I figured I'd send out the poll. Numbers are per 36, and only in the 20 conference games. Both teams in the top half of the conference.

Player A:

20.8 PTS
9.7 REB (3.5 offensive)
1.7 AST

2.5 TO
1.0 STL
0.9 BLK
3.9 PF

60% 2FG (13.4 attempts)
36% 3FG (1.8 attempts)
76% FT (3.8 attempts)

126 - Offensive rating (higher is better)
93 - Defensive rating (lower is better)

Player B:

16.7 PTS
8.6 REB (1.4 offensive)
2.1 AST

2.1 TO
0.9 STL
0.9 BLK
2.2 PF

45 2FG (10.0 attempts)
42% 3FG (2.4 attempts)
76% FT (6.2 attempts)

114 - Offensive rating (higher is better)
102 - Defensive rating (lower is better)
Is Player A Sanogo and Player B Bryce Hopkins?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom