Blidi... | The Boneyard

Blidi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Out 2 weeks with an MCL sprain.

Shoot!...

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
PP announced it during the league's Conference Call...

Reaction Score
Well we should beat WMU at home next week even without him. We will not beat WV the following week with him, so at least he will be back for the homecoming game against USF on the 15th. Something crazy inside me is saying we somehow pull this upset. Low scoring game, D pulls it out. Going into the season, I felt the O was going to struggle and the D would help pull off some wins this year. USF should be one of those wins

Reaction Score
Well we should beat WMU at home next week even without him. We will not beat WV the following week with him, so at least he will be back for the homecoming game against USF on the 15th. Something crazy inside me is saying we somehow pull this upset. Low scoring game, D pulls it out. Going into the season, I felt the O was going to struggle and the D would help pull off some wins this year. USF should be one of those wins

From what I've seen to date, there is no rational basis to think we can beat USF, even at home. That having been said, they have never won at the Rent so maybe we can keep that going. Of course, our three victories at the Rent were played in an icebox, a monsoon and a slushbowl, so hope for unusual October weather.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
From what I've seen to date, there is no rational basis to think we can beat USF, even at home. That having been said, they have never won at the Rent so maybe we can keep that going. Of course, our three victories at the Rent were played in an icebox, a monsoon and a slushbowl, so hope for unusual October weather.

There's no such thing as Unusual weather up here. Or everything's unusual. Depends how you look at it.

Reaction Score
Beats a tear, though.
A sprain is a tear, it just depends on the degree of tear. First degree is microtears in the ligament. Second is partial thickness third is full thickness tear. Healing time depends on where the tear is located related to the blood supply. Good blood flow means faster recovery. I've torn my mcl and the aggravating part is that you can be as tough as nails and try to play through the pain, but your knee just doesn't work.

Reaction Score
A sprain is a tear, it just depends on the degree of tear. First degree is microtears in the ligament. Second is partial thickness third is full thickness tear. Healing time depends on where the tear is located related to the blood supply. Good blood flow means faster recovery. I've torn my mcl and the aggravating part is that you can be as tough as nails and try to play through the pain, but your knee just doesn't work.

I've had it too. Very athletic injury -- slipping while carrying dog on icy night. You are correct. It's not a question of paid -- it's just a while before you have any lateral movement whatsoever.

Reaction Score
I really do not want to visualize what this team looks like without BWW for any extended period of time.

Wilburn got toasted at least twice only to be bailed out by bad throws.

Reaction Score
i was just thinking last saturday how good Blidi looked playing the ball. it sucks, but at least it shouldn't be too long.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see BWW until the 10/26 game against Pitt. It's basically the same injury Joseph suffered (we just don't know the degree in either case) and he was out from 8/28 until last week. Playing CB, where speed and lateral movement are key, it might be a bit longer than coming back as a DE. While we should be okay this weekend, we're not going to be able to overcome that dropoff agaisnt WVU and USF.

Reaction Score
Obviously, losing Blidi is a huge blow. But the way we are playing, if you look at this realistically the games against WVU and USF are very unlikely to be games we could have won anyway. We need to beat WMU, and then, if we do, we need to be ready for the last five games that will make or break the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom