BlewJay ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

BlewJay ThoughtZ™

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Bouk's drive and reverse at 17:45 in the opening minutes. Wow. Made note that he might have just moved himself up a spot or two in the lottery. Then later in the game, he did the same thing, but with a greater degree of difficulty.
  2. At the moment it happened, I thought that Whalley's 2nd foul would be a turning point. It was. We lost all momentum and the lead shortly thereafter.
  3. Jackson is horrible on D and mediocre on O. My high hopes for him have been dashed. We are in the BE season now. His level of play does not bode well for increased minutes now that it's real. Without a whole lot of playing time, Andre's not going to improved enough to warrant more playing time, so it's catch 22.
  4. Cole shot us out of this game. He has his moments, but he wants too badly to be a star, but his level of self-confidence is unwarranted and he's not really a BE level talent. At Howard, he was the only option. So when his shot was off, he got away with "keep chucking until they start to fall". That can't happen here.
  5. Couple good moments from Carlton stopped the bleeding after Creighton's big push mid-1st half.
  6. At 3:50, I noted Bouk needs to take over on offense, because that's what superstars do. BAM. He did. And he is. Then he took over the 2nd half, until Hurley sat him for way, way too long.
  7. Foul on Carlton at end of the first half was somewhere between questionable and flat out terrible. It was also a potential momentum stopper.
  8. At half time, I told my wife (who probably wasn't listening, as she'd been torqued off at me all morning) that I don't want anyone other than bouk with an occasional one from whalley to shoot the ball in the 2nd half.
  9. Why did DH sit Bouk in the 2nd half, and why did he keep him out for nearly 6 minutes? I thought he'd be back in after the timeout and one possession. It was a terrible coaching move, and we lost all our momentum.
  10. 0:30 whalley fouls out on the cleanest block in the history of basketball. Trouble if it goes to OT. It did. It was.
  11. The trio of Cole, Gaff and Badams pretty much stunk the joint up. 40, 28 & 27 minutes. 12, 4 & 2 points, respectively. cole went 2 of 13 from the field, including 2 of 8 from three. Gaffney went 1 of 8 and 0 of 5, while Badams showed a bit more restraint, only chucking up 5 attempts and making 1. He was 0 of 3 from deep. 4 of 26 for our 3 "other" guards. At least Gaffney had 7 boards. Cole & Adams had 3 between them, all by Adams.
  12. On a brighter side, Martin was a rebounding machine, although his offensive output was minimal.
  13. Our 3 interior guys went 6 for 10 and pulled down 13 boards, but they only played a total of 50 minutes among the 3 of them.
  14. Seems like a lot of negative stuff for a team that just lost by two in OT to a top ten opponent.
  15. Is Snoop Dog a bluejay? (see images below?)
    160506-stern-snoop-dogg-tease_a464sn.jpg
    CR201768.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members