Bleeding Blue for Good fundraiser - 2024 MBB REPEAT Champs Dinner | The Boneyard

Bleeding Blue for Good fundraiser - 2024 MBB REPEAT Champs Dinner

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If you would like to celebrate the 2024 UConn Men’s Basketball National Championship with the back-to-back champs, meet all of your 2024-2025 Huskies, enjoy an evening of reminiscing, and support UConn NIL as we fight for a THREEPEAT, JOIN US for a special evening at the Aqua Turf Club in Southington, CT on Wednesday, June 19th at 6:00PM, hosted by the one and only Seth Greenberg! Spend an evening with your favorite Huskies from this past season and some very special guests as we honor the team’s triumphs, relive the unforgettable moments that led to their victory, and introduce next year’s team!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If you would like to celebrate the 2024 UConn Men’s Basketball National Championship with the back-to-back champs, meet all of your 2024-2025 Huskies, enjoy an evening of reminiscing, and support UConn NIL as we fight for a THREEPEAT, JOIN US for a special evening at the Aqua Turf Club in Southington, CT on Wednesday, June 19th at 6:00PM, hosted by the one and only Seth Greenberg! Spend an evening with your favorite Huskies from this past season and some very special guests as we honor the team’s triumphs, relive the unforgettable moments that led to their victory, and introduce next year’s team!

Alas, I will be gone that week.

Nice to see Aqua Turf's still around. Had my junior prom there 30 years ago.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Considering. Weds not easy.

Reaction Score
Who plans on going? I have a couple 'yarders who are going and would like to sit with other 'yarders.
I will be there! Last year was an incredible time.

Reaction Score
Wearing a collared l/s shirt, khakis and Nike dunks. The email indicated business casual so I’m leaning into casual. All I brought from Florida!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
received an email that said business casual, ie slacks, collar shirt/dress shirt, dress shoes, with or without sportcoat
What, exactly, are slacks? Part kidding, but I've never understood.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t make it to the event last night but did get to Dunkin this AM to see Solo, Hass, Jaylin & Jayden!
IMG_5440.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

How was the event?

Reaction Score
Cocktail Hour
500 people, at least 1 1/2 hours to mingle with the players, Donovan, Steph, Tristen, Hawkins, attended along with all next year's players. Had a chance to talk with Nowell, Reed, Ross, & Aiden at one point. Aiden was familiar with the Boneyard, but the others were interested to know about it. Reed is powerfully built, which is in stark contrast to everybody else including Alex. Both Nowell & Solo are on my all time smile team. You can't help but be great kids because those kinds of genuine smiles can't be faked. Solo tells me he plays some golf and can hit the ball long, but direction not so much. I asked Abraham how he felt about his initial play with the other guys, he says he brings defense, rebounding, and that he can shoot it. Tom Moore was very generous to share with me some insight into recruitment of Alex. He indicated he kept communication with Alex but didn't even discuss Alex with Dan until the staff was flipping the script on team composition after the New Mexico State game. Evidently Adam Finklestein was a big Alex advocate and Tom respects that opinion. Finklestein said if UConn doesn't land Alex, somebody else in the Big East will, and that team will kick UConn's butt. I'll post a couple pics after my phone recharges.

Program Emceed by Seth Greenberg
Started with Bleed for Blue officials, then Seth Interviewing Dan. Andrea & Drew then came up. Seth asked Andrea to reflect on the journey where they were now vs St Benedicts. She legitimately choked back tears and was a very endearing moment. Had Kimani, Luke, & Tom make comments. The real takeaway is how much the bad New Mexico State loss has changed their coaching & roster construction. Seth took every opportunity to laud the staff and players. Finally, Seth had Tristen, Stephon, Hawk, Clingan, Hass, Alex, and Samson on the stage for a couple questions apiece. I had forgotten Kimani's relationship with Stephon's dad going back to young kids. 2 Auctioned tix for certain home and away games as part of the team entourage, went for $5000 to $9000, although they didn't get any $15000 starting bid for Maui tix & flight w/ team but without hotel. I don't think there was much commentary that boneyarders haven't heard, but the flattery was nice to hear.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom