Blaze Picture | The Boneyard

Blaze Picture

C

Chief00

A picture for Blaze - Dre and Kemba on winning Team LeBron. This is how we do it!
B2AD4CB8-29FB-409F-8AA7-E91875BDA8FD.png

Reaction Score
Oh I get. This relates to the Blaze recruiting strategy because Lebron is a minority owner in Blaze Pizza and Team Lebron won!

Because Blaze is apparently a new strategy and just pointing to our alumni's success in the NBA was something we were already doing, so the Lebron connection has to be it.

pj

Reaction Score
I hope the Blaze strategy involves checking whether these prospects are eligible. I'd hate for KO to put a lot of effort into recruiting Lebron, KD, and Kyrie, then find that they are ineligible and the NCAA has launched an investigation into our recruiting.

C

Chief00

Hopefully the blaze recruiting turns out better than bunkey recruiting that you were touting

Ok - got to respond to this - the Bunkey era produced I believe the 8th or 9th ranked class in the country plus two good grad transfers - Gibbs and Miller - before it transferred out. And that part was after Bunkey left - and the results of that was what I predicted - a dip - then Blaze in year 1 , which has produced an excellent class for next year - regardless of how they are ranked officially - as we can see from their production this season - it’s a top 15 class - Sid, Akinjo, Mathews and the Lithuanian Big. So in the words of Jim Calhoun / get some facts and come back and see me.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

I hope the Blaze strategy involves checking whether these prospects are eligible. I'd hate for KO to put a lot of effort into recruiting Lebron, KD, and Kyrie, then find that they are ineligible and the NCAA has launched an investigation into our recruiting.
At least it would be falling on the sword for guys who could win.

C

Chief00

Oh I get. This relates to the Blaze recruiting strategy because Lebron is a minority owner in Blaze Pizza and Team Lebron won!

Because Blaze is apparently a new strategy and just pointing to our alumni's success in the NBA was something we were already doing, so the Lebron connection has to be it.

Good questions. Why this is important is we have transition from the Ray Allen and Rip All Star era to the Kemba and Dre era. UConn is a blue blood with a second act contrary to media narratives that casual fans post. 18 year old recruits have a recent memory - being on LeBron’s 2018 team - shooting over 70% - are all good things!

Reaction Score
Ok - got to respond to this - the Bunkey era produced I believe the 8th or 9th ranked class in the country plus two good grad transfers - Gi bs and Miller - before it transferred out. And that part was after Bunkey left - and the results of that was what I predicted - a dip - then Blaze in year 1 , which has produced an excellent class for next year - regardless of how they are ranked officially - as we can see from their production this season - it’s a top 15 class - Sid, Akinjo, Mathews and the Lithuanian Big. So in the words of Jim Calhoun / get some facts and come back and see me.

Which class did Bunkey get to 8th or 9th? Can't be CV's class cause Bunkey's been gone from the program for a couple yrs now. Also that Gibbs and Miller team finished 6th in the AAC...

Reaction Score
Which class did Bunkey get to 8th or 9th? Can't be CV's class cause Bunkey's been gone from the program for a couple yrs now. Also that Gibbs and Miller team finished 6th in the AAC...

And won the AAC Tournament and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

C

Chief00

CV’s class and Gibbs/Miller. You recruit a guy before he arrives on campus. Bunkey and Sam Jr’s last year here was 2015/2016 school year. This is when the players were recruited for the 2016/2017 school year. The 2016 /2017 season is CV’s freshman class’s first year. I hope this helps your understanding?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Big thumbs up to you chief. You have more patience than I when it comes to shepherding the casual fan.
Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes I struggle with patience shepherding certain casual fans - but my goal is to do just that. It’s so important in building UConn nation.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The level of negativity here is perhaps understandable but can be a self fulfilling prophecy - cheer up everyone.

Words to live by.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes I struggle with patience shepherding certain casual fans - but my goal is to do just that. It’s so important in building UConn nation.

I got yer back, bro.

Reaction Score
Chief, you r definitely the most knowledgeable poster here in terms of basketball X and Os. Your inside info is also the most accurate

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Hey, please know that 17% of us truly know that Cheifin' ain't easy. Up from 13% three weeks ago.

Aint no Chiefa like the one we got.

C

Chief00

Hey, please know that 17% of us truly know that Cheifin' ain't easy. Up from 13% three weeks ago.

I don’t make decision or craft statements based on public opinion polls - that’s for politicians not Chief.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom