Blaudschun thinks Delaney has eyes on New England | The Boneyard

Blaudschun thinks Delaney has eyes on New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has a story up on his blog.

Speculates BC might be getting happy feet.

This sounds like a continuation of his earlier tweet:

mark blaudschun @blauds
nothing until its a done deal. but ADs at UConn and BC are both michigan men

http://ajerseyguy.com/

And NEW ENGLAND. The Big Ten could make a run at UConn. The Huskies are like Rutgers. They will hop on the firstt bus out-of-towne. But they are on NCAA academic probation, which the Big Ten frowns upon.

"Hello Boston College. The Eagles public stance will be that they are very happy in the ACC. But they were also happy in the Big East until a more secure deal came along."

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Look up the "Blue Ocean Strategy". New England is Blue Ocean. Virginia and North Carolina are very, very red ocean, and getting redder.

Reaction Score
but the Big10 wants UNC who has systemically committed academic fraud for years on end? OK, thanks for the insight.

The perception of UConn would be 10x better if PP was not the coach. That's shortsighted becasue PP will not be the coach whenever UConn joins another conference.

Reaction Score
I thought the ncaa probation thing was a little odd. Hello bowl banned OSU, Penn State.

But BC by itself doesn't give the Big 10 New England, by any stretch. BC and UConn, now you're cooking with gas.

The Big 10 doesn't compete in a particular market. They own it.

Nebraska-owned
Iowa-here Iowa state is a gnat
Minnesota-owned
Wisconsin-owned
Illinois-owned
Michigan-double owned

Indiana-ND problem, but purdue and Indiana
Ohio-owned-
Penn Pitt is like the Iowa state gnat
Maryland-owned, especially with penn state
NJ-by default Rutgers only choice, but MD, Penn State make up for Rutgers suckitudee

If Virginia UVA and North Carolina UNC, now we're talking SEC and ACC competition, something the Big 10 doesn't want. NC State in the SEC is a threat. VTech and even WVU in Virginia.

The only open territory to lay a claim completely on is New England, with the added juice of new York Center of the World City.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Has a story up on his blog.

Speculates BC might be getting happy feet.

This sounds like a continuation of his earlier tweet:

mark blaudschun @blauds
nothing until its a done deal. but ADs at UConn and BC are both michigan men

http://ajerseyguy.com/

And NEW ENGLAND. The Big Ten could make a run at UConn. The Huskies are like Rutgers. They will hop on the firstt bus out-of-towne. But they are on NCAA academic probation, which the Big Ten frowns upon.

"Hello Boston College. The Eagles public stance will be that they are very happy in the ACC. But they were also happy in the Big East until a more secure deal came along."

I really do not understand BC's appeal whatsoever. They're a private school, worse than UConn in every athletic department except hockey, and aren't the #1 entertainment option in their own backyard. UConn IS Connecticut. AND they reach into NYC and "BC's" Boston.

The probation thing is also overblown. They're interested in UNC reportedly who has conducted themselves more unethically than The U and that's saying something. UConn failed to meet academic scores for one year, one team using standards that weren't set at the time that they didn't meet them. The football program is squeaky clean...that's one thing it has going for it!

Reaction Score
He may be a crank, but his crank self has the President of BC on speed dial.

Reaction Score
North Carolina isn't the game that Delaney plays. He goes there and you're guaranteed to have the SEC take NC State. Who wins that battle?

UNC with recruits playing in the cold or a hungry wolfpack with SEC talent? Not to mention that NC State as upstater will attest has a HUGE following in NC.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He has always been very positive of Calhoun and UConn. Always.

Worth a few dead kittens. I'm a dog guy. Huskies, mainly.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If Delany was interested in BC, UConn, wouldn't that have already been done? He already took UMD & RU -- BC and especiallY UConn would have already signed away their souls to join the B1G if offered. This makes no sense to me. We can't get into the ACC but the B1G might want us? Pipe dream.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Meh... he threw a few other ideas around. Not much different from message board speculation. I don't get the vibe that he has sources with insight into the B1G's plans, at least for this post. I don't doubt some people at BC are wondering if they could wrangle a B1G invite, but that's probably true for every university except Texas, Oklahoma, and the SEC & PAC12 schools.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If Delany was interested in BC, UConn, wouldn't that have already been done? He already took UMD & RU -- BC and especiallY UConn would have already signed away their souls to join the B1G if offered. This makes no sense to me. We can't get into the ACC but the B1G might want us? Pipe dream.

We don't know what is going to play out this round. I suspect the leagues will take a breath to see what happens to the ACC. If it unravels, then it is game on for realignment. If it doesn't, then the leagues may hold tight for a while. I don't think the B1G takes UConn next, but it might look at UConn for #16 if it takes Virginia. Might.

Reaction Score
Rutgers couldn't get into the ACC either. Strategically, why not announce the 4 in a row? Maybe Delaney knew he needed MD first. But it has only been one day since Rutgers.

Reaction Score
He has always been very positive of Calhoun and UConn. Always.

Worth a few dead kittens. I'm a dog guy. Huskies, mainly.

I'm not looking for a homer, I'm looking for analysis presented as analysis. And inside info that is credible.

Since being wrong in this guessing has no bearing on credibility any longer, These guys just seem to be speculating openly and posing it as something substantiative.

Blauds may have the BC Prez on "speed dial" but he was in the dark on the AD hire. He might as well have predicted that Upstater was going to be the next AD!

Reaction Score

Ummm...Rutgers wanted to get into the ACC before, but couldn't. Now they're in the B1G!

It's always possible that Delaney wanted to weaken the ACC first, before he went after BC, IF that's who he really wanted. But I don't think so either...they don't fit the B1G profile in so many ways. And for all they like to talk about their great academics....don't forget that they are NOT....an AAU member!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm not looking for a homer, I'm looking for analysis presented as analysis. And inside info that is credible.

Since being wrong in this guessing has no bearing on credibility any longer, These guys just seem to be speculating openly and posing it as something substantiative.

Blauds may have the BC Prez on "speed dial" but he was in the dark on the AD hire. He might as well have predicted that Upstater was going to be the next AD!

I was reacting to your attack on him; I wasn't arguing that he had credibility on this issue.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Somebody help me name all of the private schools with religious affiliation in the B1G? I am having a hard time.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Ummm...Rutgers wanted to get into the ACC before, but couldn't. Now they're in the B1G!
I think that's about as valid as saying UConn couldn't get into the ACC, which will be hopefully overturned soon. ACC could have pulled the trigger on UConn but politics went for Pitt instead (thanks Flipper). Likewise they could have brought in both Rutgers and UConn but made the play for Notre Dame instead - on paper better reward, esp. for the long play of getting ND to go full member in 5-10 years. But bigger risk of having it blow up the league.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
BC and UCONN deliver NE to the B12? If the Fox strategy is to add the Sox & Yankees & cross promote their YES platform & a Sox platform maybe

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I have to say, given BC's abysmal market showing as a member of the ACC, if Delany thinks getting BC would give the B1G the Boston market he's either dumb or extremely arrogant.

Reaction Score
I have to say, given BC's abysmal market showing as a member of the ACC, if Delany thinks getting BC would give the B1G the Boston market he's either dumb or extremely arrogant.

You might as well add FIU and expect the Miami market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom