Blauds - New "Big East" Football Schools need to... | The Boneyard

Blauds - New "Big East" Football Schools need to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
He's right in one respect: UConn throwing up at the prom isn't very classy. We lost. Big Time. We didn't create Post Its. Remy and Michelle (Cincy and UConn) have to make the best of it. No reason to ruin everyone else's good time unless it's Dean Wormer (Emmerts) or the Niedermeyers in the ACC.

Reaction Score
UConn would be insane to act in their own self-nterest. After all, everyone else has taken every opportunity to advance UConn's cause.

Reaction Score
The quicker UConn gets out front as the leader of the new league the better for them and the A12. They need to be the ones to get people excited about their new home. If they don't noone else will.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Odd that he thinks the football schools need to 'chill out on money'....

That certainly implies that there is another party to the argument that he thinks should get whatever money is in question.

He can go pound sand.

Reaction Score
Uconn needs to win and they will in this new league. The question is will 3 to 5 others follow them and get better? Doesn't change the fact that first chance to get out and we are gone

Reaction Score
fwiw: I don't think that Blauds's tweet was aimed at the Huskies. It's more directed at Houston, SMU & the other newbies who feel that they deserve a larger share of the C-7's exit fees. They feel that the conference that they're entering wasn't what they signed up for & should be compensated for not backing out of their commitments.

Reaction Score
Agree coachcap. I think he was telling the new football schools to STFU and live with it

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm wondering how everyone misread that. We're not part of the BE, but there are new BE football schools. We're not one of them.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Yeah I'm wondering how everyone misread that. We're not part of the BE, but there are new BE football schools. We're not one of them.

Here's the exact quote:

"It is time for the Big East, Big Metro, America 10, 11, 12, etc members to shut up, hand out the checks to the old schools, hand out smaller checks to the new schools and move on with their athletic lives."

It's time to move on. Get the $2.5 mil from ND, announce it, add Tulsa and finish the month with dignity. Now excuse me while I go listen to some country music, drink some cold PBR drafts, and sing "My dog done left me, after the wife, and I won't get no humping no more"

Reaction Score

Maybe they missed the link and the story... maybe my bad for hiding it in "STFU"? It was pretty clear who Blaud was referring to:

"Cincinnati, USF and UConn deserve money as combat pay for being part of a league which was the most active war zone in college athletics the past 10 years. Seventeen schools have departed the league in the past several years. All of those schools have paid their dues on the front line. Temple, UCF, Memphis, SMU, Tulane, East Carolina, Houston? Not so much."

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Tell them to buzz off if they don;t like it. Any other deal they would get would be smaller than what they are getting now with less exposure as well. SMU, Houston, Memphis, UCF and others have zero right and if they get to join the league for fee free that should be good enough.

Reaction Score
If it was up to me, UConn, Cincy & USF would split exit fees from WVU, Pitt, Cuse, Louisville, Rutgers & Notre Dame plus NCAA credits up to and including the 2012 season. Money from the the C-7 buyout should be split evenly amongst all schools participating in the new league in 2013. That way the old schools are compensated for their participation in the Big East and all of the schools joining the new league are equally compensated for not being able to use the Big East brand name.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If it was up to me, UConn, Cincy & USF would split exit fees from WVU, Pitt, Cuse, Louisville, Rutgers & Notre Dame plus NCAA credits up to and including the 2012 season. Money from the the C-7 buyout should be split evenly amongst all schools participating in the new league in 2013. That way the old schools are compensated for their participation in the Big East and all of the schools joining the new league are equally compensated for not being able to use the Big East brand name.

Why do you feel the new teams deserve the C-7 buyout again? But not the Ville's or Rutty's? Was it all that "sweat-equity" that the new teams put into the brand? Even Navy that won't show up for two years (at best)?

No, I'm sorry. We are tossing them an amount that is close to the amount of their current contracts, as well as giving them a tv contract that is larger and more favorable than their existing contracts (or that any other contract they can obtain). They are getting "their money", commensurate with their obligation to the new league. They don't require any more, nor are they entitled to more...

(let me put it another way; if we go to the B1G tomorrow, do you think that we start off with a 20+ million dollar tv contract? They pro-rate this stuff for every new team in every conference, FWIW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom