Blauds: Hartford May Host New Conference's First Men's Basketball Tournament | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Blauds: Hartford May Host New Conference's First Men's Basketball Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought that all of the complaining about the 1998 NCAAs was a bit overrated. Some people in central Connecticut act like they have a God-given right to a covered parking spot within 50 yards of their destinations and direct access to an I-84/91 onramp.

The newest garage in the City (Morgan Street) has about 2,200 covered spaces for only $4 that are barely a five-minute walk from the XL Center, down Pratt Street and Temple Street - and there are probably about 30 restaurants within a three block walk of the XL Center, too. Around that, for most of the games, the office buildings' lots and garages will be available, as well.

I think the building needs replacement but I don't think the surroundings will be an issue for a tournament there.

That said, I don't care if the Big Metro whatever offered to play the tournament in my front yard, I'd drop that league in a second if it meant something (anything) better.
I don't know about god given right to covered parking. The problem wasn't te parking. It was the gouging. I was there for the games (before going to Greensboro the following week to watch the beginning of the 99 run) and I dare say there was nothing to do for our out of town guests. Although I did meet Bill Murray that weekend

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I look forward to seeing the always under dressed USF gals in Vaughns in March. Nothing says Spring like tanned blondes in tight shirts in the cold CT air. It makes for a nice hello.

Reaction Score
I look forward to seeing the always under dressed USF gals in Vaughns in March. Nothing says Spring like tanned blondes in tight shirts in the cold CT air. It makes for a nice hello.
Well now you've convinced me. Never mind. I'm in!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well now you've convinced me. Never mind. I'm in!

They'd wear less in NOLA, Orlando or Memphis. Those are their winter clothes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom