Blacktop, part 2 ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Blacktop, part 2 ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Thank you Christian Vital. No Christian, no win yesterday. 6 boards, a dime, 2 steals and 28 points on 8 of 15 from the field, including 3 of 5 from 3.
  2. Thank you to Alterique, as well. Four boards, 4 assists, 2 steals and 10 points on 3 of 5.
  3. Good defense by AG and CV too. Especially AG.
  4. Can't mention our the strong guard play without props to Brendan Adams. 3 boards, an assist a steal and a dozen points on 4 of 8 from the field. A couple too many turnovers, but...
  5. Bouk and Gaffney -- eh, a few highlights (6 dimes & 6 boards between them) and some truly awful shooting (5 of 19 from the floor and zero of a bunch from 3?) I sure hope they got that out of their system. If Bouk played like Bouk yesterday, we win that game by 14 or more.
  6. Despite Whaley's uncharacteristically poor shooting in the first half, our front court had a respectable game. I'd sign up with a smile for 17 points, 20 rebounds and 5 blocks from IW&JC every game.
  7. Whaley's shots started falling in the 2nd half and he once again did yeoman's work on the boards and blocked a bunch of shots. I don't think he knows how to take a play off. Might have the best motor we've seen since Bazz.
  8. We owned the boards at both ends and had more steals, blocks and assists than the other guys. Somehow managed to lose all three shooting percentage columns despite stellar shooting by 3 of our 5 back court guys.
  9. Not sure how it's possible, but I never felt like we were in danger of losing the game, yet I never felt comfortable with our meager lead through most of the 2nd half.
  10. The officiating in this game was a whole new level of bad. It wasn't one-sided, just kind of whacked out in both directions. Missed goal tends. Imaginary goal tends. Imaginary travels. jump balls for momentary contact. Just strange, strange stuff. Like they had studied some rule book from an alternate universe, then decided to see if they could ref a game with their eyes closed or something.
  11. Has anyone else noticed that Gaffney really favors a reverse layup? Even when there's no one there to avoid, he has a tendency to go under the hoop and put it in from the other side. And as long as it goes in, that's fine with me.
  12. When Vital came around a screen at the top of the key and ran into the guy, was it me, or was he pushed from behind into the other player?
  13. Little bit of uneasiness about the first round AAC game. Supposed to be tough to beat the same team three times in one season. Don't have any idea whether history actually backs that up or not. But it does worry me a little.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
  1. Thank you Christian Vital. No Christian, no win yesterday. 6 boards, a dime, 2 steals and 28 points on 8 of 15 from the field, including 3 of 5 from 3.
  2. Thank you to Alterique, as well. Four boards, 4 assists, 2 steals and 10 points on 3 of 5.
  4. Can't mention our the strong guard play without props to Brendan Adams. 3 boards, an assist a steal and a dozen points on 4 of 8 from the field. A couple too many turnovers, but...
  5. Bouk and Gaffney -- eh, a few highlights (6 dimes & 6 boards between them) and some truly awful shooting (5 of 19 from the floor and zero of a bunch from 3?) I sure hope they got that out of their system. If Bouk played like Bouk yesterday, we win that game by 14 or more.
  6. Despite Whaley's uncharacteristically poor shooting in the first half, our front court had a respectable game. I'd sign up with a smile for 17 points, 20 rebounds and 5 blocks from IW&JC every game.
  7. Whaley's shots started falling in the 2nd half and he once again did yeoman's work on the boards and blocked a bunch of shots. I don't think he knows how to take a play off. Might have the best motor we've seen since Bazz.
  8. We owned the boards at both ends and had more steals, blocks and assists than the other guys. Somehow managed to lose all three shooting percentage columns despite stellar shooting by 3 of our 5 back court guys.
  9. Not sure how it's possible, but I never felt like we were in danger of losing the game, yet I never felt comfortable with our meager lead through most of the 2nd half.
  10. The officiating in this game was a whole new level of bad. It wasn't one-sided, just kind of whacked out in both directions. Missed goal tends. Imaginary goal tends. Imaginary travels. jump balls for momentary contact. Just strange, strange stuff. Like they had studied some rule book from an alternate universe, then decided to see if they could ref a game with their eyes closed or something.
  11. Has anyone else noticed that Gaffney really favors a reverse layup? Even when there's no one there to avoid, he has a tendency to go under the hoop and put it in from the other side. And as long as it goes in, that's fine with me.
  12. When Vital came around a screen at the top of the key and ran into the guy, was it me, or was he pushed from behind into the other player?
  13. Little bit of uneasiness about the first round AAC game. Supposed to be tough to beat the same team three times in one season. Don't have any idea whether history actually backs that up or not. But it does worry me a little.
13. It’s tough to beat a good team 3x in a season

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
#7. Good use of the phrase "yeoman's work". Although as a former Navy guy yeoman's were the biggest bunch of wusses around. Paperwork desk jockeys and definitely not the skillset associated with doing lunch pail work daily. Not sure of the history and etymology of the word and how it got twisted but it is what it is.

#10. The missed goal tend by Sid was hilariously bad. Sid got way up to knock that ball out of bounds. I think the refs were Anchorman level impressed by the feat and just swallowed the whistle.

#11. Those reverse layups do a great job of keeping defenders from getting those come from behind blocks. He definitely looks smooth and comfortable doing it.

Reaction Score

Nice summary

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom