Black, Tejeda, Chukwu, Kuzma..... | The Boneyard

Black, Tejeda, Chukwu, Kuzma.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All going elsewhere. With Snider, AMA, Robinson,White and Larrier still being recruited, which one really is a UCONN lean? I have not read anything about any of these players really loving UCONN. So I am kind of nervous that none of these guys will end up in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Maybe Larrier. It seems like we're in the passengers seat for Snider and Robinson but it will be tough to get them out of BIG territory especially with some of the big boys recruiting them (MSU, Illinois, Indiana, etc.). I'm still holding out hope for AMA, but most seem to think we're out of it.

Reaction Score
Colson called UConn his "dream school," and White called UConn "legendary."

I get the feeling that, if AMA goes elsewhere, we could land Colson with something less than maximum effort. And I also get the feeling that we'll be in good shape for White or Larrier (probably not both).

As for Snider... if he chooses someone else, then we offer Watson, and if we offer Watson, he says "yes" before Ollie's done talking.

Reaction Score
If you're not a tad nervous about how it all pans out for '14 then you're lying........quite a few guys who we all felt good about fell by the wayside and the hard work the staff did seems to be dwindling down to a few kids. But that's okay because recruiting is whacked and we all know it will work out somehow. With DHam and Rodney we have a wonderful start........there's JC, transfers etc etc down the road if need be!!

Reaction Score
The start of the 2014 season is more than 14 months away and we already have 2 five star commitments in Purvis and Hamilton. What is up with these dumbas@ threads??

Reaction Score
I have to admit Im not feeling overly optimistic on any of the top kids either. I don't fault KO or his staff at all. It has to all boil down to conference.

Reaction Score
Posts like these are stupid. It is reasonable given we may end up dry with all these other top 50 guys.

The start of the 2014 season is more than 14 months away and we already have 2 five star commitments in Purvis and Hamilton. What is up with these dumbas@ threads??

Reaction Score
Posts like these are stupid. It is reasonable given we may end up dry with all these other top 50 guys.

What I'm saying is that our recruiting class for 2014 is already stellar, and we are in the mix for a lot more. Stupid!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
We shall see about next year. It has been sort of fun to see our Huskies associated with so many top level recruits. Sort of fun and crazy-making at the same time, worrying about what 17-18 year old kids will decide. I find those who turn it into as much of a spectacle as possible to be pretty lame, but perhaps that is the new reality...me and my 15 seconds of fame.

Anyway, I could see us signing a couple of more players if the dominoes fall the right way as well as striking out on the top 100 kids. Who knows, maybe there will be a kid from Lithuania who will make us forget about those that got away.

Reaction Score
Tejada was never offered, the staff stopped recruiting Black 2 months ago, and we don't know what kind of priority Kuzma was since he just got offered, you can't make a "the sky is falling" thread and mention guys who went elsewhere that the staff was not even recruiting.

Reaction Score

Yeah, but if you're going to gripe, at least gripe about guys we cared about and/or were in with.

Here's an example. "I can't believe we didn't get Corey Benjamin or Vasil Evtimov! Those guys could have built us into a national championship program!"

Reaction Score
Good lord this thread is dumb, you just named four players that weren't priorities. Chukwu is the closest thing to a priority but I think Ollie is pretty confident in Nolan and Brimah, Leron Black looked like a priority a while ago but from what I've heard we stopped recruiting him 2 months ago. Kuzma and Tejada were never priorities. We are in a good place with several top kids and I would bet you we get a couple of these kids.

Reaction Score
I'm really getting tired of all the fear about conference. When I look at recruiting in college basketball it just doesn't seem to have the same impact as fb. I see kids choosing programs that they believe will be the best fit for them. I still have hope for more top kids in 2014...but look what we already have. I've been a Uconn fan for awhile and we're already in great shape. We have 2 five star players. 2 NYC gatorade players of the year and a developing front court. C'mon....cheer up...we're UConn. We've done more with less.

Reaction Score
I'm waiting and it has not happened yet....where is it?...................................we're doooooooomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom