BizLaw recap on UL game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BizLaw recap on UL game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any coach that doesn't make OL recruiting and coaching a priority guarantees failure without a steady stream of Johnny football's and 5* backs to carry the team on their back. We need a huge change here and maybe some transfers to change the dynamic.

Reaction Score
Well...Griffin and Nick Williams are on NFL rosters now. And I think G Davis has a real shot in the NFL. So not as lean on offense as you claim.

RE left the cupboard much better stocked than when he got there....and good enough to get the team to a bowl. This demise is completely on Hathaway and PP.

Little - but some - argument here. Hathaway and PP should not even be allowed in the State of Connecticut for the "crimes" they committed against UConn. Two disagreements: Randy did not leave cupboard well stocked . . . . just wasn't the case no matter how closely one might be related to him. And two, UConn hasn't had much of an offense since 2009 (maybe small parts of '10). They basically cannot/have not been able to recruit or otherwise figure out that side of the ball. Stopped watching the Clemson v. GT game last night with score 55-24. Fifty-five points is three or four games worth for UConn these past couple of years. And, GT's 24 points in a losing effort? Tell me you wouldn't take 24 points right now going into tomorrow's game? Ridiculous the offensive ineptitude at UConn.

pj

Reaction Score
Depth matters in college football. You need to go at least 2 deep with quality guys at every position. Some positions, like QB, didn't even have one guy, thus a walk-on starter. Edsall did a great job recruiting some quality athletes and coaching guys up. But he couldn't get enough of them, and knew it.

To compete, we need to do better than Edsall. Obviously, Pasqualoni was not that.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
TDH....let's just agree that there is a gray area between being "cupboard bare" and "well stocked". You said the cupboard was bare....it wasn't...multiple NFL draft pick were on that team. Was there a great deal of depth? No. Was the o-line awesome? No. But...saying it was "bare"..or as you said "bear"...isn't an accurate statement. Saying it was bare also gets PP off the hook somewhat..which he shouldn't be.

Second....you have been asked this question before...but I don't think I have seen an answer yet.....who exactly are you arguing with on your comments about the offense? You post over and over about how bad the UConn offense has been.....everyone agrees with you...yet you keep posting as if someone is saying that the offense has been fine. Who are you arguing with?

Reaction Score
I don't think it was any more or less bare than what Edsall usually had, Edsall just made better use of what he had. McCombs had a good year that first season, they had something to build upon. PGDL just never got it going, they made decisions that made it harder to compete with what they have.

Reaction Score
TDH....let's just agree that there is a gray area between being "cupboard bare" and "well stocked". You said the cupboard was bare....it wasn't...multiple NFL draft pick were on that team. Was there a great deal of depth? No. Was the o-line awesome? No. But...saying it was "bare"..or as you said "bear"...isn't an accurate statement. Saying it was bare also gets PP off the hook somewhat..which he shouldn't be.

Second....you have been asked this question before...but I don't think I have seen an answer yet.....who exactly are you arguing with on your comments about the offense? You post over and over about how bad the UConn offense has been.....everyone agrees with you...yet you keep posting as if someone is saying that the offense has been fine. Who are you arguing with?

Go back to my first post on this thread and it should clarify that I was providing insight to John since he "appeared" to be depressed due to the absence of "his expert".

Reaction Score
Go back to my first post on this thread and it should clarify that I was providing insight to John since he "appeared" to be depressed due to the absence of "his expert".

I just miss his writing, he did good re-caps. The best recaps here as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction Score
I just miss his writing, he did good re-caps. The best recaps here as far as I'm concerned.

Who would you rather date......Emily or BL?

Be honest. Nobody will judge.

Reaction Score
I would like to see Emily interview Businesslawyer. That would be something.

Reaction Score
I don't think BL would rock the tight pants and high heels like Miss Emily.

I'd pay anything to see BL in the pants worn by Howard on the Big Bang Theory. I really would. :D

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'd pay anything to see BL in the pants worn by Howard on the Big Bang Theory. I really would. :D
Art, I know BL and I can state in all candor that if he were wearing those pants I'd pay anything not to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom