BizLaw recap on UL game? | The Boneyard

BizLaw recap on UL game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was there a view from 241 for the Hindenburg?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I think bizlaw is becoming a Rutgers fan.

Yes. It has gotten that bad.

Reaction Score
I became an Army fan. Very, very, very nice stadium there.

Reaction Score
You really need a recap?

yes - when this happens in your backyard, you tend to want answers from the experts. Biz is as close to an expert as this Roman bath house offers, so I want to hear his report.

big_hindenburg_explodes_over_lakehurst.jpg

Reaction Score
Not sure. I went to a different section to watch the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
I hate to call him out but this is pretty weak sauce from bizlaw to bail on the season like he has. It's sucked the life out of most of us but jeez.

Reaction Score
yes - when this happens in your backyard, you tend to want answers from the experts. Biz is as close to an expert as this Roman bath house offers, so I want to hear his report.

big_hindenburg_explodes_over_lakehurst.jpg

Huh?????????? Seriously???? Here's a summary that may help to explain where UConn is today and how they got there:

Randy never a great recruiter (especially at skill positions) left the cupboard bear. UConn (Hathaway) took the path of least resistance (the conservative route) and made a very poor hire in Paul Pasqualoni. PP was too old, too tired, (and most indicting) too boring to be a head coach in today's college game. He was wed to a 1960's style of football (score 17 points and let the defense hang on) when the game is clearly being played at a much faster pace with scores of 45-42 commonplace. Making matters worse, PP is now being exposed for not being any better than Randy (and maybe worse) in the recruiting game. Add to this mix the entire conference realignment debacle (ACC Driven, ESPN conspiracy, etc.) and UConn is sinking faster than the Titanic.

Bottom line on the field. . . . too little D1/BCS level talent. Hope for the future . . . . a quality coach, divorced from the whole Northeast/New England approach to this game, one who lives and breathes offense, exciting offense. Oh and they need to be able to recruit. How? He needs to get players to follow him, nevermind the school. Say what you will (and there is certainly plenty of baggage), but John Calipari has always had top players follow him to places like UMass and Memphis. . . and he reloads yearly with a brand new freshman class at Kentucky (admittedly an easy place to recruit from).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Huh?????????? Seriously???? Here's a summary that may help to explain where UConn is today and how they got there:

Randy never a great recruiter (especially at skill positions) left the cupboard bear. UConn (Hathaway) took the path of least resistance (the conservative route) and made a very poor hire in Paul Pasqualoni. PP was too old, too tired, (and most indicting) too boring to be a head coach in today's college game. He was wed to a 1960's style of football (score 17 points and let the defense hang on) when the game is clearly being played at a much faster pace with scores of 45-42 commonplace. Making matters worse, PP is now being exposed for not being any better than Randy (and maybe worse) in the recruiting game. Add to this mix the entire conference realignment debacle (ACC Driven, ESPN conspiracy, etc.) and UConn is sinking faster than the Titanic.

Bottom line on the field. . . . too little D1/BCS level talent. Hope for the future . . . . a quality coach, divorced from the whole Northeast/New England approach to this game, one who lives and breathes offense, exciting offense. Oh and they need to be able to recruit. How? He needs to get players to follow him, nevermind the school. Say what you will (and there is certainly plenty of baggage), but John Calipari has always had top players follow him to places like UMass and Memphis. . . and he reloads yearly with a brand new freshman class at Kentucky (admittedly an easy place to recruit from).

I don't often agree with TDH.....but when I do......I drink Dos Equis.

Reaction Score
I hate to call him out but this is pretty weak sauce from bizlaw to bail on the season like he has. It's sucked the life out of most of us but jeez.

The season is not what is keeping him away from this board.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The cupboard was so bare only 5 NFL picks last year.

UConn had 5. The rest of the Big East had 13.

No way could they keep up with Temple (none) and Western Michigan (none).

Reaction Score

Yeah, and what was UConn's record last year with those 5 picks. I will concede on one point though. . . . the defense was good enough for a much better record. As for offense, how'd Randy leave that cupboard?

Reaction Score

Don't tell that to John Silver and Desmond Conner.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah, and what was UConn's record last year with those 5 picks. I will concede on one point though. . . . the defense was good enough for a much better record. As for offense, how'd Randy leave that cupboard?

If the dopes they hired didn't destroy the offensive line they could have ridden the defense to 7-8 wins both years. Nobody's offense looks good when every play is a jailbreak to the QB.

Reaction Score
If the dopes they hired didn't destroy the offensive line they could have ridden the defense to 7-8 wins both years. Nobody's offense looks good when every play is a jailbreak to the QB.
I'm not sure Vince Lombardi could have saved this O-Line. Great size... but apparently no other qualities.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Well...Griffin and Nick Williams are on NFL rosters now. And I think G Davis has a real shot in the NFL. So not as lean on offense as you claim.

RE left the cupboard much better stocked than when he got there....and good enough to get the team to a bowl. This demise is completely on Hathaway and PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom