Bizarre UConn schedule => rested late season? | The Boneyard

Bizarre UConn schedule => rested late season?

Reaction Score
Besides playing smart hockey, ... thoughts on possible unintended benefits of UConn's heavy early season schedule versus fewer games late this season ???

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I think part of why its so odd is because of all the other stuff they have to schedule around at XL. But it could be a huge bonus now.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The only thing that bothers me is a hot goalie sitting around waiting to play a game. It’s slso going to give Cav a lot of time to think about who the starter should be. I’m thinking Huska might get the UMass game to get him back in the loop.

Reaction Score
The only thing that bothers me is a hot goalie sitting around waiting to play a game. It’s slso going to give Cav a lot of time to think about who the starter should be. I’m thinking Huska might get the UMass game to get him back in the loop.

I think creel all the way until the 2nd game in playoffs(sat) - maybe.

If creel starts the 16th(BU) and doesn't play UMass(22nd), that's 12 days in between.

Ride creel all the way unless he's gives up 2-3 in a period.

Give Huska the 2nd game so you can rest creel for potential 3rd game.

Or, you don't put in huska in at all.
He'll be cold, slow, and not game ready. You can't rely on him to come in cold for such an important series

Reaction Score
I mean think about it,

It was Nichols for the 1st Vermont game and creel for the 2nd in the last home playoff series against UVM.

Cav says creel is the hardest worker off the ice. He played a full wknd before. PC series and BC/Brown.

Creel deserves to be the starter.
Huska in an emergency only

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I mean think about it,

It was Nichols for the 1st Vermont game and creel for the 2nd in the last home playoff series against UVM.

Cav says creel is the hardest worker off the ice. He played a full wknd before. PC series and BC/Brown.

Creel deserves to be the starter.
Huska in an emergency only
I agree on Creel....my worry is that Cav will overthink it and start Huska in the UMass game, especially if it doesn’t mean a change in the standings. I do like going into the playoffs with Creel as the starter. He’s earned it on the ice. It’s also comforting to have Huska as a backup if needed.

Reaction Score
I agree on Creel....my worry is that Cav will overthink it and start Huska in the UMass game, especially if it doesn’t mean a change in the standings. I do like going into the playoffs with Creel as the starter. He’s earned it on the ice. It’s also comforting to have Huska as a backup if needed.

UMass game may be very important.
People think they're an easy win, but they aren't.

Time off is BAD for this team.

I'm glad they went on the road after a week off and did very well.

Before break: great team, on a roll
After break: lost 5 in a row.

Karashik being back and creel in there, plus other freshman stepping up has been pivotal.

Don't have the exact records, but when Karashik was in = winning

Karashik hurt? 1-5 (?)

Reaction Score
After the first period against Providence Creel has been very good. He plays the angles very well. His saves without a stick were really classic. I’d play him the rest of the way I think unless he totally collapses

Reaction Score
After the first period against Providence Creel has been very good. He plays the angles very well. His saves without a stick were really classic. I’d play him the rest of the way I think unless he totally collapses
Creel scares the heck out of me. He slides by his angles all the time and goes down to much. But that being said, Cav should stay with Creel the hot hand until he gets beat.

Reaction Score
I think part of why its so odd is because of all the other stuff they have to schedule around at XL. But it could be a huge bonus now.
The cause of UConn's unbalanced schedule is known. Whether UConn's light schedule is helping the Huskies now, or will help the next few games and into HE playoffs is TBD.

Reaction Score
Creel scares the heck out of me. He slides by his angles all the time and goes down to much. But that being said, Cav should stay with Creel the hot hand until he gets beat.
I agree he goes down too much but he plays the angles quite well. Did a great job at BC and was good last night. I think his small size leads to him to dive to cover enough space. But it has been working.

Reaction Score
Before the injury, Adam Huska was by far the best player on the team. In his previous 10 games before the injury, he was playing to a 1.62 goals against average.

The reason they are winning now is because they are scoring goals.

Reaction Score
Before the injury, Adam Huska was by far the best player on the team. In his previous 10 games before the injury, he was playing to a 1.62 goals against average.

The reason they are winning now is because they are scoring goals.
I think after Huska went down with his injury the other team members realized that they all had to give more in order to win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom