OT: - Bivol beats Canelo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Bivol beats Canelo

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There has never been a boxer that has had more favorable treatment from the judges than Canelo. From the mayweather fight to both Golovkin fights, even against Lara and Trout it always seems like one or more of the judges give him a huge benefit of the doubt in somewhat close rounds.

He’s a great fighter, but he’s the Duke basketball of boxing in terms of the favorable treatment he gets on the scorecards.

Disagree that he’s ducked anyone; he’s the money in every fight and some guys come into a negotiation overestimating their draw and they ask for too much cash. Fighting Bivol was a much tougher road than someone like Charlo. And Canelo would be crazy to risk a Derby day money fight on Charlo who is way too stupid to be trusted - decent chance that dope screws up the fight by getting arrested for some thing dumb.

Reaction Score
I see how you left out benividez who happens to be no1 Challenger 168,,the other 2 we ere never offered a fight how could they price themselves out?nothing on the table.canelo wasn't interested,I'll give u a hint as to why(speed) bad matchup for him,like bivol last night,in and out all day.why not fight smith or bterbiev the man with the belts.they misjudged bivol ,they thought he was the weakest of anyone at 175. Kovalev was finished when they fought,they only gave him a month to get ready.good try though
Yeah I don't buy that. Benavidez is the one guy you could suggest he dodged but he Canelo repeatedly said he wasn't a big enough name yet. Charlo from my understanding asked for too much. If he was worried about those guys why fight Bivol who is highly skilled and bigger than both those guys. I'll give you hint. Bivol agreed to 2 million guaranteed and smaller share of the PPV sales. I had heard that Charlo asked for too much to start.

Reaction Score
There has never been a boxer that has had more favorable treatment from the judges than Canelo. From the mayweather fight to both Golovkin fights, even against Lara and Trout it always seems like one or more of the judges give him a huge benefit of the doubt in somewhat close rounds.
Except maybe Katie Taylor who just fought a tremendous match that was impossible to score.

Reaction Score
Not this fight.

Chandler may have ended Tony Fergusons career last night though. One of the most violent KO’s I’ve ever seen & a terrible fall for Tony over his last 4

Reaction Score
Clenelo can't hide anymore,there is none to cherry pick from,there aren't any paper champions left,he has no choice but to go in with top talent,he has no choice or his reputation will take a hit .
piss off and give it a rest. You hate canelo. We get it. Get over it.

Reaction Score
He made it look easy too.
It wasnt. Hes just that good. He put on a boxing clinic. Canelo is clearly not a lhw. He looked sluggish, didnt have the pop or quickness on his punches and ran out of gas halfway through the fight. That being said i still think Bivol beats him at his best weight at 168. Bivol is too skilled and too strong.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
It wasnt. Hes just that good. He put on a boxing clinic. Canelo is clearly not a lhw. He looked sluggish, didnt have the pop or quickness on his punches and ran out of gas halfway through the fight. That being said i still think Bivol beats him at his best weight at 168. Bivol is too skilled and too strong.
The thing is that I new Bivol was very good and as soon as the fight was announced, I was surprised that Canelo decided on fighting Bivol. Yes he's that good and he made it look easy. Maybe Canelo thought it would go like vs the Krusher Kovalev.

Reaction Score
Cards had it much closer than it really was landed 46 jabs to 10. Landed 106 "power shots to 74. How is that a close fight.
Huh...now Champs94011 is disliking my posting the compubox numbers...LOL!!!!

Reaction Score
Huh...now Champs94011 is disliking my posting the compubox numbers...LOL!!!!
Champs always shows up after the fight with his predictions and commentary that he plagerizes from boxing sites lol

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I think Bivol reopened the book on how to beat Canelo, and really it was a very similar plan that GGG tried to execute. You have to stay active. Canelo always starts rounds quick and then sits back looking to counter for for the majority of the round before trying to steal rounds in the last 30 sec. You have to keep the jab in his face and work through his inactivity.

Reaction Score
No PED No Life. His teammate Oscar Valdez did even worse off the juice vs Shakur. Then again Shakur has Floyd Mayweather potential so It was to be expected.

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
Except maybe Katie Taylor who just fought a tremendous match that was impossible to score.

I watched the fight live and thought Serrano won a very close fight. I actually went back to rewatch the fight and have to say the judges got it right with the Taylor win. She definitely lost the middle rounds by wide margin but Serrano took her foot off the gas in the last 3 rounds which cost her.

Reaction Score
I agree besides being a fantastic fight that it could've gone either way,I think a draw would have been appropriate.I got roasted for starting the thread on the women's fight and told to take it to the women's board is that insane?1mil ppv's, sold out msg,one of the top 5 fights of the century(hatten) and I'm not supposed to mention it here because they were women?,but they have a thread about the horse race lol,is this Saudi Arabia?smh smh sad

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
Man, woman, who really cares? They are two of the most decorated women's fighters ever. I want to see them run in back for a second fight.

Reaction Score
Dchuskyfan and weareuconn and 8893 thought it was wrong to post about the women's fight here,smh,smh

Reaction Score
I watched the fight live and thought Serrano won a very close fight. I actually went back to rewatch the fight and have to say the judges got it right with the Taylor win. She definitely lost the middle rounds by wide margin but Serrano took her foot off the gas in the last 3 rounds which cost her.
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that Katie Taylor lives in Connecticut and her trainer is a UConn grad.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that Katie Taylor lives in Connecticut and her trainer is a UConn grad.

Believe she trains at Ring of Champions Society in Manchester. Small place, but some talent coming out locally. Probably only like 20 people that even go there.

Mikwan Williams (not sure the spelling on his first name) came from there and has to be pushing 20-0 as a pro the last time I heard. Saw him at Mohegan Sun a year or so ago and he looked very strong for an early 20s pro.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Believe she trains at Ring of Champions Society in Manchester. Small place, but some talent coming out locally. Probably only like 20 people that even go there.

Mikwan Williams (not sure the spelling on his first name) came from there and has to be pushing 20-0 as a pro the last time I heard. Saw him at Mohegan Sun a year or so ago and he looked very strong for an early 20s pro.
CT has some solid local talent. Mykquan Williams is a solid pro, we saw William Foster from New Haven win on a SHObox card earlier this year, and then you have the legendary Richard Rivera aka “Popeye the Sailor Man” dominating the New England club scene

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
Rivera is in line for a big step up fight soon. Currently ranked in the top 25 in the world at light heavyweight. Cassius Chaney is another promising heavyweight prospect from New London. He is coming off his first loss but appears to be a very good gate keeper level talent as his ceiling, which is nothing to scoff at.

BoukofJames

Reaction Score
Oh also Chordale Booker out of Stamford who just lost his 0 in a first round stoppage to Ammo Williams on the Taylor-Serrano undercard

BoukofJames

Reaction Score
Rivera is in line for a big step up fight soon. Currently ranked in the top 25 in the world at light heavyweight. Cassius Chaney is another promising heavyweight prospect from New London. He is coming off his first loss but appears to be a very good gate keeper level talent as his ceiling, which is nothing to scoff at.
LOL that’s amazing Boxrec has him #25 in the world at light heavy and #3 in the US

Reaction Score
Oh also Chordale Booker out of Stamford who just lost his 0 in a first round stoppage to Ammo Williams on the Taylor-Serrano undercard

I had forgotten about him.

For a smaller state CT has some solid fighters. In MMA we have 3 guys on UFC contracts even if you don't count the guys at Texeira.

We have a few people who will push for some spots on the olympic team in Muay Thai when that becomes an olympic sport as well, hopefully.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom