Bittersweet day. | The Boneyard

Bittersweet day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately today very well could be my last day as a season ticket holder.

I jumped on board UConn football when they announced the move to 1A (was always an NFL fan before that) and have had season tickets since The Rent opened. My first ever college game was against Indiana all those years ago.

Since then, I've kept my tickets (either by myself or through a friend) even though I moved to Germany in the Fall of 2005. I try to come back for a couple of months in the Fall to try to get to some games whenever I can.

However, in the last couple of years my tailgating crew has grown from me and two friends to 10 people who are there for the tailgate and could care less about the game. Every game I've been to this year I've pretty much sat alone in our block of seats, missing the kickoff 1/2 the time and basically been bored and unenthusiastic. Hell, I can't even get my post count over 50!

Hopefully we win today to at least keep Rutgers from their first share of the Big East title. Then what would we have to break their stones about?

Reaction Score
Giving you an Internet "hug" (not the creepy kind) b/c it sounds like you need one. Don't give up yet spsct, we are just getting started. If you made it thru the '05 and '06 seasons, you'll make it thru this one. Good things await UConn football, keep the faith.

Reaction Score
We'll be fine bro! It's a transition year, this will probably be the worst year for us in a LONG time.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately today very well could be my last day as a season ticket holder.

I jumped on board UConn football when they announced the move to 1A (was always an NFL fan before that) and have had season tickets since The Rent opened. My first ever college game was against Indiana all those years ago.

Since then, I've kept my tickets (either by myself or through a friend) even though I moved to Germany in the Fall of 2005. I try to come back for a couple of months in the Fall to try to get to some games whenever I can.

However, in the last couple of years my tailgating crew has grown from me and two friends to 10 people who are there for the tailgate and could care less about the game. Every game I've been to this year I've pretty much sat alone in our block of seats, missing the kickoff 1/2 the time and basically been bored and unenthusiastic. Hell, I can't even get my post count over 50!

Hopefully we win today to at least keep Rutgers from their first share of the Big East title. Then what would we have to break their stones about?

spsct: Your freinds must be like the crew thatwas tailgaiting next to me from Glastonbury. They started making paella at 11:15 & were serving it at 11:35 when my wife & I left to enter theRent. When we got back to our vehicle immediately after thegame,they were long gone. Man, don't give up. You've been a great 'Yarder at least as long as I have. We need our veteran fans.

Reaction Score
Thanks guys... It's not the team that has me down; I expected it. It's the game experience with the guys I was going with. Luckily my brother went with me today so I had a good time.

We'll see what happens.

Reaction Score
Thanks guys... It's not the team that has me down; I expected it. It's the game experience with the guys I was going with. Luckily my brother went with me today so I had a good time.

I feel your pain. For some crazy reason none of my buddies or family members are big sports fans and definitely not college fans, so I end up going to most sports events alone - it really sucks. Just waiting for my kids to grow-up and hopefully they'll get into it - wife is hopeless :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom