Bird Says Storm Not Interested In Visiting White House | The Boneyard

Bird Says Storm Not Interested In Visiting White House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"At this point, it doesn't even really need to be discussed," Bird said. "It's come up. We paid attention to what happened with Minnesota not getting invited. Everyone knew when everything happened with Steph Curry and LeBron (James) on social media, all that stuff. We all pay attention and we watch.

"So it wasn't an actual conversation where we sat down and said, 'Hey guys, what do you want to do if this happens?' First of all, we wouldn't have, because you can't do that until you win. You don't want any bad juju. But I think it's safe to say we all kind of were on the same page with that."

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One of the things I love about Sue (there are many) is the way she speaks. Not only is she intelligent, well spoken, and thoughtful in what she says, but she also does not give "standard pat PC speak" - she actually answers questions in a very clear way that gives real info (doesn't tap dance around it), but manages to say it in a way that is polite and genuine while being specific.

And the funny thing is I think it's just the way she is - it's not like she needs to think long and hard to be clever or creative. She's a gem for sure.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Much as I have enjoyed the moments of national exposure for our niche sport which a White House visit brings, I wish all the politician basking in the glow of victory stuff would go away. That includes phone calls in the locker room, etc etc etc.

JS

Reaction Score
This obviously cannot remain apolitical. Some will say even allowing the linked article is political. And likewise any post that may sound carefully neutral on the merits but suggests support or lack thereof for the utterance of the free speech in question.

Won't go that far, but posts (a few now removed) were already starting to cross the line into expressing or intimating the authors' own political views. People just can't resist.

These threads (this is the latest of many) are barely, if at all, about athletics, and to the meager extent they are they don't stay that way for long. If a former UConn player is the one saying or doing something activist, we'll decide whether to allow the link, but we won't likely allow much comment.

For those who feel the urge to emote, the Cesspool beckons. Judging by a Reported post (as close as I'll get) there's a thread there for you. And there you'll find allies and enemies of the first order, if you can stand even brief exposure to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom