Bird-Judge-Sanchez | The Boneyard

Bird-Judge-Sanchez

Reaction Score
The Yankees have really set themselves up nicely with a potentially dominant 3-4-5 in their lineup for years to come. And with his lefty swing in that ballpark, Bird may end up the best of the bunch.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The Yankees have really set themselves up nicely with a potentially dominant 3-4-5 in their lineup for years to come. And with his lefty swing in that ballpark, Bird may end up the best of the bunch.

Ummm...did you know....that...

The Bird is the word?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not as long as Girardi keeps batting Judge second it won't. I agree Bird is going to be a key figure but don't know about the best of the bunch.

Reaction Score
I see Bird as 300-30-100.

I think the other two are 260-30-100.

Of course they also both may be 40+ HRs a year.....

Reaction Score
Not as long as Girardi keeps batting Judge second it won't. I agree Bird is going to be a key figure but don't know about the best of the bunch.

Cant mess with the lineup order now next year I could see them batting 3-4-5.

Reaction Score
I see Bird as 300-30-100.

I think the other two are 260-30-100.

Of course they also both may be 40+ HRs a year.....
You do realize Judge hit 52 homers in his first season, right? I like Bird a lot but the best of the bunch is a little silly.

Reaction Score
You do realize Judge hit 52 homers in his first season, right? I like Bird a lot but the best of the bunch is a little silly.

I get it. He is a force. He also struck out a lot.

We will see. Bird has a great swing and the short porch is made for him. Think going to hit for a high average plus hit HRs.

Reaction Score
I get it. He is a force. He also struck out a lot.

We will see. Bird has a great swing and the short porch is made for him. Think going to hit for a high average plus hit HRs.

Don't care at all about striking out when a guy leads the league in HRs, walks, runs and OBP add 2nd in RBI I think you have the ROY and the MVP......and he can play The OF with a rifle.

Bird does have that swing which makes you believe he can be special too I agree. Like what they have for a core (not vote).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't care at all about striking out when a guy leads the league in HRs, walks, runs and OBP add 2nd in RBI I think you have the ROY and the MVP.and he can play The OF with a rifle.

Bird does have that swing which makes you believe he can be special too I agree. Like what they have for a vote.
But Judge is just a 30 homer a year guy.

Reaction Score
Don't care at all about striking out when a guy leads the league in HRs, walks, runs and OBP add 2nd in RBI I think you have the ROY and the MVP.and he can play The OF with a rifle.

Bird does have that swing which makes you believe he can be special too I agree. Like what they have for a vote.

Judge is the real deal. See him as a Giancarlo Stanton type. 260ish but huge power.

Bird reminds me of Hosmer but more power in that stadium. 30 HRs.

Reaction Score
Judge is the real deal. See him as a Giancarlo Stanton type. 260ish but huge power.

Something about Judge makes me think he can be that .280 -.290 guy he was this year. I mean .280 whatever this year and he couldn't hit for 7 weeks, pretty good. I guess we will see the thing is we probably won't see either that torrid start or that awful stretch again, or maybe we will. Jury's out for Judge LOL

Reaction Score
Something about Judge makes me think he can be that .280 -.290 guy he was this year. I mean .280 whatever this year and he couldn't hit for 7 weeks, pretty good. I guess we will see the thing is we probably won't see either that torrid start or that awful stretch again, or maybe we will. Jury's out for Judge LOL

Yeah maybe 270-280. Can see that. His walks will help.

I dont think he has hit 300 in his pro life including the minors. That first half he had was Ruthian.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Bird does have that swing which makes you believe he can be special too I agree. Like what they have for a core (not vote).
Bird and Cody Bellinger have epic swing planes. Absolute ball launchers.

Reaction Score

Judge is going to be the MVP, maybe hits the ball harder than anyone we've seen, and just hit 52 homers in a season. I guess my question is why do you think he is a 30 homer per year guy?

Hosmer has been in the league a long time and he can't hold Judge's jock. I think Bird will be good and has a nice swing for the stadium but he has nowhere near the power of Judge and calling him a future MVP seems like a stretch.

Reaction Score
Judge is going to be the MVP, maybe hits the ball harder than anyone we've seen, and just hit 52 homers in a season. I guess my question is why do you think he is a 30 homer per year guy?

Hosmer has been in the league a long time and he can't hold Judge's jock. I think Bird will be good and has a nice swing for the stadium but he has nowhere near the power of Judge and calling him a future MVP seems like a stretch.

You have to read slower and focus harder. I said Judge is Stanton. I think that is right.

I compared Bird to Hosmer but more power for Bird.

Judge is great. Altuve is MVP.

Reaction Score
You have to read slower and focus harder. I said Judge is Stanton. I think that is right.

I compared Bird to Hosmer but more power for Bird.

Judge is great. Altuve is MVP.
Judge is MVP, destroys him in power #'s and has a better on base percentage than the little guy.

You still haven't answered my question, why do you think a guy who hit 52 homers is a 30 homer hitter? That makes no sense.

I had no trouble reading any of your posts, you said Bird reminded you of Hosmer and you think Bird will be better than Judge. From those statements I inferred you think Judge and Hosmer are on an equal level or Hosmer is possibly even better.

Reaction Score
No.

I said Judge is a 30+ or may be a 40+ HR per year guy. I also said he is Stanton. Which is a good comparison.

I said as great as Judge is, Bird MAY be better when all is said and done. I love his swing, especially playing in that bandbox. Will be a 300 batting average guy, with power. Note the entire Yankee front office and coaching staff would have said Bird over Judge in late March this year too. Then Bird got hurt and Judge went crazy. Coming into April, Judge was not an afterthought but he was a "let's see what we have here" guy. Turned out they have a ton.

Judge is RoY and Altuve is MVP. Altuve way better team and way more consistent. He hit 346 and did it all. Judge's nightmare two month stretch where all he did was strike out kills his MVP chances this year. But he may get future awards.

Reaction Score
Bird's patience is really impressive. Judge's patience as well, but considering the exit velocity and the results from 3/4 of the season, you understand pitchers not wanting anything to do with Judge. Bird ? Not so much. His walks are a function of his batting eye and patience moreso than Judge. You can see that when Judge swings at sliders a foot outside.

Best part is, all three of them are young and only going to get better.

Plus, still have Clint Frazier, Miguel Andujar, and Torres knocking on the door. That's a potent lineup for a while to come. Only guys over 30 that should have anything to do with this team going forward are CC and Gardner.

It gets really interesting if you consider the potential landing spot for Otani and the Yankees with nobody at DH under contract for 2018...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah maybe 270-280. Can see that. His walks will help.

I dont think he has hit 300 in his pro life including the minors. That first half he had was Ruthian.

Well, considering the kid was a rookie and in the months of April, May, June, and September he hit .303, .347, .324, and .311, I would say it's definitely do-able. Some guys (actually, a lot) do mature and perfect things AFTER they get to the ML level. His OPS this year was 1.049. He never broke that 1.000 barrier in the minors, either. Same with his SLG - its was .627 in his first full year in MLB, and never was higher than .500 in any full season in the minors. The highest he every put up was .530 in 65 games with low A Charleston in 2014, then .515 in AA Trenton in 2015.

Considering his age and experience, I doubt you'll see him go through the kind of extended, deep slump he went through in July and August again.

Reaction Score

Arod agrees with your assessment on Bird being the best of the bunch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom