Bird ... er, Maya ... at the buzzer | The Boneyard

Bird ... er, Maya ... at the buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Invincible Queen hit threes at the end of the second and third quarters to help Minnesota get back on track with a win over an improving Tulsa team.

http://scores.espn.go.com/wnba/recap?gameId=400445717

I recall sitting in Philly in 2011 with the charming UConn Cat watching Duke lose by the normal 30 points to UConn. Maya hit a three from the corner at the halftime buzzer and proceeded to skip off the court. She can make the game look like child's play. :)

Reaction Score
At one point the announcers said that the Lynx were something like +22 when Maya was in the game and -7 when she wasn't.

Reaction Score
The Invincible Queen hit threes at the end of the second and third quarters to help Minnesota get back on track with a win over an improving Tulsa team.

http://scores.espn.go.com/wnba/recap?gameId=400445717

I recall sitting in Philly in 2011 with the charming UConn Cat watching Duke lose by the normal 30 points to UConn. Maya hit a three from the corner at the halftime buzzer and proceeded to skip off the court. She can make the game look like child's play. :)

Maya's 2011 halftime buzzer beater from the right corner in Philly against Duke was, IIRC, a two pointer. (The tape will be consulted)

BTW: That three point area in the right corner should be hereafter known and referred to as Ray's Sweet Spot. :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya's 2011 halftime buzzer beater from the right corner in Philly against Duke was, IIRC, a two pointer. (The tape will be consulted)

BTW: That three point area in the right corner should be hereafter known and referred to as Ray's Sweet Spot. :cool:
Maya's buzzer beater may have been a 2-pointer but it was a bonus, because it came with so little time left, that I didn't think we could score. I keep underestimating Maya. :)

LeBron owes Ray bigtime. As LBJ said, to win a title, you need some luck, plus we had Jesus (Shuttlesworth) on our side.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Is Cambage out with an injury? Or fled to some foreign league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom