OT: - Bird and Stewie | The Boneyard

OT: Bird and Stewie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A totally inappropriate post...
Would agree inappropriate if the post was "outing" private health issues. But obviously both players are publicizing it (3 YouTube videos each, plus their quotes in the NBC Sports article, which they clearly cooperated with), touting the WNBA's financial assistance to their players for this procedure, and encouraging other women who want to have a career during their normal child-bearing years to do the same .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is a UConn basketball blog and neither of them are UConn players anymore. It's not about basketball so it doesn't belong here. If one of us brought up what they did. It would have been taken down.

Reaction Score
Good job by Stewie and Sue to keep the UConn DNA going.
How on earth is this inappropriate??? Good for them, gives them flexibility to have both a career and a family at the time they choose.
No one is denying them on having lives and careers beyond their days at Storrs. Take their good fortunes and aspirations to another blog that moves beyond UCONN basketball. Nan??

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I don't think that the past practice of the Boneyard has been to confine conversation about UConn alumnae strictly to basketball-related matters. For example:
  • Sue's relationship with Megan Rapinoe has certainly elicited a ton of positive and negative commentary here.
  • Tina Charles's involvement in charitable activities, and her personal financial subsidy to those causes, has been noted with great (and deserved) approval.
  • The efforts and views of several players regarding pay equity in women's sports, and BY posters' agreement or disagreement with those efforts, have been discussed at some length.
  • Maya Moore's efforts on behalf of her now-fiance's exoneration from criminal charges have been discussed and debated here.
  • Elena Della Donne's personal life (her relationship with her disabled sister, her marriage, and her psyche at age 18 when she declined a UConn scholarship) has received extensive scrutiny.
I'm sure I could think of other examples if I scratched my head a bit more. But in general, we haven't been scrupulous (nor have we been asked to be) about former players' lives and opinions outside basketball. So I think this is just one more example of that. I recognize that the topic may make some people uncomfortable, and some may disagree with what they are doing, but that doesn't make the subject off-limits for discussion.

I agree with the previous poster who said that there is no privacy issue here (as there certainly would be if a BY poster revealed something about Sue's or Stewie's personal life that they had not chosen to reveal on their own). But that has not occurred in this case.

Reaction Score
Stewie and Bird are forward-thinking women in the year 2020. Good for them showing leadership in everything they do in life. Where did they get a foundation for learning that? Geno and CD teach way more than basketball.
Well said!

Reaction Score
We have a 6-page thread on the front page of BY about another medical procedure; clearly it's something we talk about here. I'm not personally interested in knee replacement except that I care about the health and happiness of the people involved. So I read the first few posts but haven't revisited it.

Can't say I care much about the details of the medical procedure discussed in this thread either, but I'm a huge fan of our Huskies for life, Sue and Breanna. I'm glad to hear they are getting the medical support they need. Best wishes for a happy outcome, whenever that may be.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't think that the past practice of the Boneyard has been to confine conversation about UConn alumnae strictly to basketball-related matters. For example:
  • Sue's relationship with Megan Rapinoe has certainly elicited a ton of positive and negative commentary here.
  • Tina Charles's involvement in charitable activities, and her personal financial subsidy to those causes, has been noted with great (and deserved) approval.
  • The efforts and views of several players regarding pay equity in women's sports, and BY posters' agreement or disagreement with those efforts, have been discussed at some length.
  • Maya Moore's efforts on behalf of her now-fiance's exoneration from criminal charges have been discussed and debated here.
  • Elena Della Donne's personal life (her relationship with her disabled sister, her marriage, and her psyche at age 18 when she declined a UConn scholarship) has received extensive scrutiny.
I'm sure I could think of other examples if I scratched my head a bit more. But in general, we haven't been scrupulous (nor have we been asked to be) about former players' lives and opinions outside basketball. So I think this is just one more example of that. I recognize that the topic may make some people uncomfortable, and some may disagree with what they are doing, but that doesn't make the subject off-limits for discussion.

I agree with the previous poster who said that there is no privacy issue here (as there certainly would be if a BY poster revealed something about Sue's or Stewie's personal life that they had not chosen to reveal on their own). But that has not occurred in this case.

Nice post @JoePgh . One correction, Maya and Jonathan are married. Very soon after his release. WNBA star Maya Moore married the man she helped free from wrongful conviction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom