OT: - Bird and Stewie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Bird and Stewie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a heavily used blog, one of the busiest in college sports. While I have no issue reading about most topics related to our players, would be great to have better filtering - i.e. I would like to be able to focus on basketball first and not have to read through multiple unrelated topics to get there.

Reaction Score
I don't think that the past practice of the Boneyard has been to confine conversation about UConn alumnae strictly to basketball-related matters. For example:
  • Sue's relationship with Megan Rapinoe has certainly elicited a ton of positive and negative commentary here.
  • Tina Charles's involvement in charitable activities, and her personal financial subsidy to those causes, has been noted with great (and deserved) approval.
  • The efforts and views of several players regarding pay equity in women's sports, and BY posters' agreement or disagreement with those efforts, have been discussed at some length.
  • Maya Moore's efforts on behalf of her now-fiance's exoneration from criminal charges have been discussed and debated here.
  • Elena Della Donne's personal life (her relationship with her disabled sister, her marriage, and her psyche at age 18 when she declined a UConn scholarship) has received extensive scrutiny.
I'm sure I could think of other examples if I scratched my head a bit more. But in general, we haven't been scrupulous (nor have we been asked to be) about former players' lives and opinions outside basketball. So I think this is just one more example of that. I recognize that the topic may make some people uncomfortable, and some may disagree with what they are doing, but that doesn't make the subject off-limits for discussion.

I agree with the previous poster who said that there is no privacy issue here (as there certainly would be if a BY poster revealed something about Sue's or Stewie's personal life that they had not chosen to reveal on their own). But that has not occurred in this case.
I'm not uncomfortable nor am I in disagreement with how one leads their life, it's theirs not mine. I'm always happy to hear about what these ladies do with their lives once they leave us after four years. All I'm saying is that it's a slippery slope and we need to be careful and the crossed line is not too far ahead of us.

Reaction Score
A totally inappropriate post...
Not going to attack anyone nor lecture on this, just provide information that may not be realized by some. ;)
First we have someone who is a visitor deciding what is appropriate on a UConn forum? One that possibly has more visitors than any program forum in women's college basketball. This while most having more likes than submissions. The mods here do a good job sometimes too good. ( I had my avatar of DT on The ESPN body issue cover removed with out notice, this after months possibly a year of using it.

Outsiders simply do not understand the passion of UConn women's basketball fans. Players become part of the family from the day they sign through the days they are a team member and beyond. Keep the word family in mind. Last but not least the op clearly titled the thread OT that is short for off topic. Thus anyone wanting on court basketball info only has the opportunity to move on and not read.

This is a UConn basketball blog and neither of them are UConn players anymore.
See above.

Take their good fortunes and aspirations to another blog that moves beyond UCONN basketball. Nan??
See above.

Nice post @JoePgh . One correction, Maya and Jonathan are married.
And going OT to close, that she married a man named after the UConn mascot! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog