OT: - Billiards | The Boneyard

OT: Billiards

Reaction Score
Love playing billiards/pool; particularly eight ball. Can play for 4-6 hours straight when I’m playing someone. Anyone else enjoy pool on the Boneyard!?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Haven't really played in over a decade, but I used to play a lot in the APA. Made it to Vegas Nationals twice. That's a blast.

I imagine COVID has just about destroyed the APA league now.

Reaction Score
I like playing against people I know in a basement/garage/etc . Not a big fan of playing at bars. I'll play at a pool hall but theyre hit or miss too.

I'm decent. Not great, but I know what I'm doing and I can do some trick shots.

I prefer playing straight pool, 9 ball, and pills (in that order). But I will play 8 ball since that's what most people know.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Have rarely played in recent years. A few times a year with neighbors who have tables. In law school I played almost every night. My roommate ended up playing semi-pro after law school (he was a scratch golfer too). He taught me quite a bit. The main bar where L-school people congregated had three tables and we held two of them. One with him solo (for $) and the other 2 vs 2. I don't think we lost more than a few times in 3 years. But I'm terrible now.

We need a darts thread. Darts was the official UConn sport back in the 80s (along with hacking a soccer ball). Everyone was playing a lot of darts.

Reaction Score
Have rarely played in recent years. A few times a year with neighbors who have tables. In law school I played almost every night. My roommate ended up playing semi-pro after law school (he was a scratch golfer too). He taught me quite a bit. The main bar where L-school people congregated had three tables and we held two of them. One with him solo (for $) and the other 2 vs 2. I don't think we lost more than a few times in 3 years. But I'm terrible now.

We need a darts thread. Darts was the official UConn sport back in the 80s (along with hacking a soccer ball). Everyone was playing a lot of darts.
Yeah my roommate had a dart board back in Middlesex in the Jungle. Got real competitive and I became pretty good so hated to lose

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Ahhh, the days of Genlocs, Midtown Billiards in Waterbury 60's and 70's bring back such memories.

Reaction Score
I have an 8-ft table in my basement. I used to enjoy playing in the winter, but my wife got into quilting and I haven't seen the green in a few years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom