Bill Simmons on Kemba | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bill Simmons on Kemba

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The takes in this thread are the reason why the internet has passed many people by and why hot takes are alive and well. #1 Simmons doesn't say this unless someone told him to say it. #2 Simmon is worth someone in the $100M+ range clearly he is good at something and clearly people listen to him. #3 Saying you knew about kemba's work ethic as a college student and comparing him to a super rich nba player is laughable at best. #4 Some of you are so dumb its painful to read.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The takes in this thread are the reason why the internet has passed many people by and why sportswriting and hot takes is alive and well. #1 Simmons doesn't say this unless someone told him to say it. #2 Simmon is worth someone in the $100M+ range clearly he is good at something and clearly people listen to him. #3 Saying you knew about kemba's work ethic as a college student and comparing him to a super rich nba player is laughable at best. #4 Some of you are so dumb its painful to read.

Good post. I definitely fall under #4 when it comes to ridiculous NBA takes.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I
He is and always has been a horses ass. Has nothing to do with this. Jesus hated the Simmons love when i was at the WWL.
I don't think Jesus is supposed to hate...

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just read what Simmons said. It was during the pandemic. The trainers couldn't be in the room with Kemba during his rehab. They gave him exercises. So, if nobody is there with him, how on earth could anybody know whether he did the work or not? They can't. Not Simmons, not Brad, not the trainers. The most they can know is that the knee wasn't in as good a shape as they hoped. Anything else is conjecture.

Reaction Score
I don’t mind Simmons, and he’s probably reporting what he heard..but it’s just another example of Boston Sports attempting to make a villain if a player.

this goes against pretty much everything we know about Kemba. I doubt it’s true, but it’s probably what the Celtics org wants to get out there.

Reaction Score
I don’t mind Simmons, and he’s probably reporting what he heard..but it’s just another example of Boston Sports attempting to make a villain if a player.

this goes against pretty much everything we know about Kemba. I doubt it’s true, but it’s probably what the Celtics org wants to get out there.
They went from Kyrie, Rozier, and Kemba to Pritchard. Maybe, just maybe it's a Celtics/Stevens problem.

Reaction Score

This. Plus, Simmons is an unabashed Boston homer, the type that could somehow work in 20 minutes of Celtic trade talk into a podcast about soccer. I'm not sure that I'd trust him to properly weigh the motivations and objectivity of his sources on the team.

Reaction Score
Despite all of Simmons’ faults I still enjoy his nba podcasts because of his passion for the league and the game...but not anymore after this crap.

Reaction Score
I’m not a Simmons fan, but it’s clear most people here just skimmed the headline without actually reading the article.

This was just an excerpt, so I’m sure plenty of context was missing, but it didn’t coming off as ripping Kemba on the way out. Essentially, Simmons was commenting on how there was a disconnect between the organization and Kemba that was exacerbated during the pandemic, since the trainers couldn’t be in the same room to work on his knee.

Not a huge deal.

Reaction Score
I think my two favorite Simmons podcast moments were when he said he knew the step back three Ray hit against San Antonio was a tough shot because he tried it in a pickup game and couldn't do it, and when Ryen Russillo said he understood the mentality of the characters in The Town from his days growing up on Martha's Vineyard.

Not really germane to the post but just an opportunity to point out that while he puts out some good content the guy can be a first rate bozo.

If the story is true that seems to fly in the face of everything Kemba’s about.

Side note, Russillo is actually good at hoops, I played ball with him a few times in Bristol. Simmons is a grade A loser. I was a huge fan of his early columns @ ESPN, and then I saw him shoot a basketball at some charity game and said nope, done. Absolute dork.

Reaction Score
Side note, Russillo is actually good at hoops, I played ball with him a few times in Bristol. Simmons is a grade A loser. I was a huge fan of his early columns @ ESPN, and then I saw him shoot a basketball at some charity game and said nope, done. Absolute dork.
Rich dork.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
PMT was good the first year I listened to in like 2017-2018. After that it was just tiresome, completely predictable jokes and tired schtick. I never got the impression they're more unabashed sports fans than Simmons. They really only follow the NFL (like Simmons w/ NBA) and then care about specific teams here and there. Both started out making fun of the conventional media and slowly morphed into what they were poking fun at imo.
There will be no PMT slander here. Been an AWL for years and I won't stand for it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom