Bill Raftery appreciation thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bill Raftery appreciation thread

Reaction Score
He makes the game exciting without making the game about him. He really is a pro's pro.

Raftery made a point tonight that was spot on. The teams were just playing. Translation, both teams were well prepared, both understood what to do, and that gave them the freedom to "just play." Watching our Huskies this year, I often got the feeling that they were not comfortable. And that would lead to disjointed, unconnected performances.

Tonight, the game just flowed. They might have tried a little too hard to pound the ball inside. But that is a nit. For the most part they just played and it was a joy to watch. And Raft really gave you the feeling that he was enjoying himself thoroughly.

Raf is the man!

John Fanta was also at the game last night...I could very easily see Fanta sliding into the role of Raf when he retires (as far as announcing style). Fanta has such an unbridled passion for the game, just like Raf.

Reaction Score
Raf seemed a little pro-Nova last night to me. He questioned most of the calls that went against them. He also said of UConn and our fans storming the court, “They’ve arrived, or so they think.” I felt it was a little shot at us, like the fans think we are better than we are. I love Raf, but didn’t feel any warmth from him last night.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
When the Crowd was chanting Ref, I thought we might get our own Lets Go Brandon moment. Lets go Raf!...

Reaction Score
Raftery is the gold standard, no question. Watched recording of some plays when I got home. Before the Polley 3, he mentioned how dangerous he can be in that situation. Before the Cole winner, he said you have to guard Cole's left but he has a sneaky move to the right. Spot on commentary.

Reaction Score
when facing man-to-man! you gotta get organized and move the puppies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom