Bill Connelly UConn Preview | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bill Connelly UConn Preview

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
My parallel is that 2002 team. It looks familiar except that team grew with Dan Orlovsky. They were woefully overmatched as freshmen in 2001, and were 2-6 in 2002 when they turned it around and finished 6-6 and a win at Iowa St.

This team doesn't have the QB but the line is now in its 3rd year together (except center). The offense will be functional if one of the QB's exceeds expectations then the Offense can be good.

It is the D that needs to grow and mature- too many true freshmen sprinkled with some redshirt freshmen was a disaster. By the middle of this year, this team will start to improve and I do expect 4 wins. Wagner, UMass, ECU and Temple are my expected wins. Let's see what happens.

Reaction Score
We need to get back to winning football. Edsall has had teams that were unexpectedly good. The 2002 team started 0-2 and got to 2-6 before putting together 4 wins to end the year. 2007 team was coming off 2 straight losing seasons and not much was expected of them but they ended up 9-4.

I’m not expecting much this year, 3-4 wins maybe but I’ve seen big turnarounds before.

Please get off HCRE 1.0. That was the Big East with a veteran staff and equal recruiting competition. We have NOT beaten a power 5 team for a recruit in 5 years. We go head to head with UMass and UNH and Elon now. 3-4 wins would be a major accomplishment and a rock solid step back to respectability.

Reaction Score
Please get off HCRE 1.0. That was the Big East with a veteran staff and equal recruiting competition. We have NOT beaten a power 5 team for a recruit in 5 years. We go head to head with UMass and UNH and Elon now. 3-4 wins would be a major accomplishment and a rock solid step back to respectability.

Do your research - Travis Jones, Ian Swenson, Myles Bell, & Kevon Jones. There are more...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Depressing article but very valid
However, my gut is telling me that UConn may win 3 games and keep many others close
I see a marked improvement on the D - worry about the receiving corps
QB? - who the hell knows - I thought Steve K was the heir apparent - we'll see

Reaction Score
Depressing article but very valid
However, my gut is telling me that UConn may win 3 games and keep many others close
I see a marked improvement on the D - worry about the receiving corps
QB? - who the hell knows - I thought Steve K was the heir apparent - we'll see
I agree, I thought Steve K showed the most promise and had the best resume. I guess body language imesns more to Edsall than “being a better prospect, coming out of high school, than Dan.”

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn was 40-50 worse than every half decent team on the schedule last year. They could be the most improved team in the country and end up 20 pts worse than every half decent team on their schedule.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom