Bilas Wants To Ignore Tourney Wins | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bilas Wants To Ignore Tourney Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Another benefit to Bilas' idea is that it will give the selection committee more than 1 night to seed the brackets. The way it works now they first meet on the Wednesday of championship week and don't actually start seeding until Saturday night. That is how we end up with a hot pile of garbage like we have this year. If they at least have an team ranking established prior to the conference tourneys starting, then they can use that entire week to work on the match-ups and locations.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
If your team cant compete well in a conference tournament, how well will they do in the NCAA tournament? I think its a good way to prove that your team can handle single elimination pressure. Some teams step up, some teams fold.

It doesn't seem to make a difference now on who gets selected. Monmouth & SMC both won 2 games in their tournaments while Cuse and Vandy won 0.

Reaction Score
It doesn't seem to make a difference now on who gets selected. Monmouth & SMC both won 2 games in their tournaments while Cuse and Vandy won 0.

They are in conferences that only get 1 bid the NCAA has decided. So unless you play an AMAZING OOC schedule reg season almost doesnt matter if the conference tournament winner gets an auto bid. If anything for those conferences, they should take away the conference tournament auto bid.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
They are in conferences that only get 1 bid the NCAA has decided. So unless you play an AMAZING OOC schedule reg season almost doesnt matter if the conference tournament winner gets an auto bid. If anything for those conferences, they should take away the conference tournament auto bid.

I hope you mean the conferences should decide to award the auto-bid to the regular season winner.

Personally I think its BS if the NCAA has pre-determined that any conference is only worthy of 1 bid.

Reaction Score
I hope you mean the conferences should decide to award the auto-bid to the regular season winner.

Personally I think its BS if the NCAA has pre-determined that any conference is only worthy of 1 bid.
I dont know if that is true or not, but its a theory of mine. But yea if that is the case then the NCAA should be able to use their judgment and say, for these conferences that only get 1 bid, there is no auto bid, we'll select who we think is the best. its all subjective. What if the team that beat out Monmoth had a worse record by 2 games but won the conference tournament? Too many variables. But i do feel like the NCAA has already decided that no matter what, the following conference are only getting x amount of bids. And i agree that is stupid.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I dont know if that is true or not, but its a theory of mine. But yea if that is the case then the NCAA should be able to use their judgment and say, for these conferences that only get 1 bid, there is no auto bid, we'll select who we think is the best. its all subjective. What if the team that beat out Monmoth had a worse record by 2 games but won the conference tournament? Too many variables. But i do feel like the NCAA has already decided that no matter what, the following conference are only getting x amount of bids. And i agree that is stupid.

I guess that would be interesting if the NCAA said regardless of tourney we will pick the best team, however, it would mostly kill the fun of the conference tourneys. It should really be up to each conference to decide who the auto bid goes to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom