Bilas on expansion and Notre Dame | The Boneyard

Bilas on expansion and Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just caught the end of the segment but he said ND is probably going to have to join a conference. He thought the ACC was a real possibility even though Big 10 made more sense geographicly.

Reaction Score
All the more reason to get in w/the ACC now. UConn lucked out that Texas looks to be going to the Pac 12 (or 14 or 16) but if ND starts talking with the ACC then UConn needs to make sure it is the other team in line to make 16.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
if notre dame made its football team join the big east no teams would be leaving the big east. ND TCU USF WVU PITT etc

Reaction Score
Aside from the fact that the Big Ten has not even hinted that they are looking to expand, I don't really understand why people think the Big 10 would be a good fit all. UConn is hoping to get into the ACC right now, if that doesn't happen its not like they can just say "oh well, lets just go to the Big Ten."

Reaction Score
Why would the Big10 add anyone and why wouldn't you want to be the 16th team in the ACC?

I will take either the ACC or the B10. If 3 other conferences go to 16 do you think the B10 will stay at 12? Remember that the B10 has their network and are looking for more TV's.

Reaction Score
Aside from the fact that the Big Ten has not even hinted that they are looking to expand, I don't really understand why people think the Big 10 would be a good fit all. UConn is hoping to get into the ACC right now, if that doesn't happen its not like they can just say "oh well, lets just go to the Big Ten."
Did the ACC hint they were adding two teams?

I don't think any of our options are a good fit, but that doesn't matter at this point, what matters is a seat at the table.

Reaction Score
I will take wither the ACC or the B10. If 3 other conferences go to 16 do you think the B10 will stay at 12? Remember that the B10 has their network and are looking for more TV's.

Yes, I think they would stay. The problem with more TVs is that the remaining teams won't add much. Missouri may be a decent candidate but the fact is, there is no 14th member outside ND that would fit.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

The Big Ten is more attractive and valuable than the ACC. If we are frozen out of the ACC, I think we're no higher than 5th on the list for Big Ten. Stadium is small and off campus. No AAU membership. I'd take a Big Ten invitation in a heartbeat.

I'm not buying the ND to ACC nonsense. The Big Ten is a better academic conference, and has all the natural rivals of ND, including several teams they already play annually. If they go to a conference, it's Big Ten. Also, everyone talks about NYC tv market, and the media folks consider it a Big Ten market. The B1g network is carried there as well.

Rutgers is in interesting shape. Teams are mediocre, but academics and AAU standing are strong. They could go either way. Missouri would kill for a B1g invite, and so would Kansas at this point. Missouri has good all around teams, and strong media centers. About the only advantage UConn has on these schools is a hockey team, which matters to the B1g and not the ACC.

Reaction Score
I am not denying that the Big Ten is more valuable and/or attractive, what I am saying is that some people are acting as though UConn has a choice when it doesn't. All UConn can do right now is hope the ACC says yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom