Bilas Index: Helping the committee pick 68 in a year with a soft bubble | The Boneyard

Bilas Index: Helping the committee pick 68 in a year with a soft bubble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
As long as UConn is not an 8 or 9 seed and is stuck playing one of the following in the 2nd round, I will be happy - UNC in Raleigh, Oklahoma in Oklahoma City in Oklahoma or Iowa in Des Moines.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...all-march-madness-bubble-cinderella/79996380/

FYI...
Play-in Host: Dayton (Dayton host)
First Round Sites: Providence (PC), Des Moines (Iowa St), Raleigh (NC St), Denver (Big West), Brooklyn (A-10), St. Louis (MVC), Oklahoma City (XII), Spokane (Idaho).
Second Round Sites: Louisville, Anaheim, Philadelphia, Chicago
Final 4: Houston

Reaction Score
UConn 26th. It's an Insider's article.

26. Connecticut Huskies
The Huskies lead the American in scoring defense (58.3), free throw percentage (80 percent), and field goal percentage defense (35 percent) in conference play. Guard Daniel Hamilton is leading the league in rebounding at 9.9 rebounds per game in conference play.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-ranking-top-68-teams-land-seeing-soft-bubble

This is a very fair assessment. It is funny that the advanced metrics have UConn as a fringe top 25 team, yet we didn't receive a single vote in the latest coaches poll.

Reaction Score
The advanced metrics have UConn solidly as a top-25 team. We should be ranked. Oh well.
Such is life in the AAC. No matter who the Huskies beat, outside of probably SMU, they get almost no credit for any wins in the eyes of voters. They'll just have to prove their worthiness in the NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score
It's actually a 6th seed. SMU and Louisville ineligible.
SMU and Louisville being ineligible definitely softens the bubble and without question helps us. I think a 5-6 seed is a real possibility but more work needs to be done.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
This is a very fair assessment. It is funny that the advanced metrics have UConn as a fringe top 25 team, yet we didn't receive a single vote in the latest coaches poll.

The coaches still hate Calhoun.

Reaction Score

Maybe huh.

They're fine not respecting the Huskies for now we still need to earn it - not a Top 25 team yet but have their opportunity to make a move beginning tonight.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We'll get some respect when we earn it -- I'm not upset about being around the 20th best team in the country and having writers think we belong in the mid-30s. Let's go finish win the American; then we'll get some respect.

Reaction Score
The advanced metrics have UConn solidly as a top-25 team. We should be ranked. Oh well.
I love UConn as much as the next guy but until we beat a team of note (ie SMU, Cincy, Temple, Tulsa) in our own conference we really don't deserve to be ranked. Texas is our only truly great win. Hopefully we start a nice run tonight @Temple of quality conference wins....Cincy, Temple & Tulsa all see paths to at-large bids through UConn so it won't be easy. If we beat Temple & Tulsa I expect we'll be ranked on Monday.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I love UConn as much as the next guy but until we beat a team of note (ie SMU, Cincy, Temple, Tulsa) in our own conference we really don't deserve to be ranked. Texas is our only truly great win. Hopefully it starts tonight @Temple and we start knocking them off....if we beat Temple & Tulsa I expect we'll be ranked come Monday.

Just keep moving the goalposts, I guess.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Actually, the coaching community is one of the groups who likes and respects Calhoun the most. See the recent article on Panther as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom